"to save the day"
to do something which solves a problem or prevents a misfortune
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What are we going to do now? Our entire presentation is on The Cloud and the internet is down. This is a disaster.
Colleague 2: No problem. I made a copy of the entire website and put it on a flash drive. We can just run the presentation from our laptop.
Colleague 1: You have saved the day. Awesome. What a relief.
Two friends are talking at a wedding ...
Friend 1: That could have been a very embarrassing moment. The bride and groom were all ready to cut the wedding cake and the cake knife was nowhere to be found.
Friend 2: Amazing how Patricia saved the day by pulling a cake knife out of her purse.
Friend 1: Who brings a cake knife to a wedding?
Friend 2: Well, today it was a hero who did.
Saving the day is what a troubleshooter does.
1) ... catastrophe right before the election so Obama could ride in on his white horse and save the day!
2) ... who believe that only a true message of pure conservatism will save the day.
3) Bad things happen but they have a fantasy that the hero swoops in to save the day.
4) The boy pretty much tells him its too late to come in and save the day because he has already done something really bad and he is in jail ...
5) ... so the insurance companies will go under and the government will swoop in to save the day with a complete take over claiming the private sector didn't work.
6) It was a great find to have located you on-line; saved the day really, but even more impressive is the customer service that I have ...
7) ... we do not know if wiping out this one target would have saved the day.
8) Davidson offered another story about how the relay saved the day for her. She was at home alone when her basement flooded.
9) ... my stomach's been grumbling but help has arrived. My main man Mookie has saved the day, straight from Sal's Famous Pizzeria, down the block.
10) ... because he wasn't succeeding at either. He was never the Avenger who saved the day at the end and usually the first knocked out or captured.
11) And this is precisely where the Thesis 301 redirect tool steps in and saves the day. Watch the video to see how easy it is to create handy ...
12) ... and did a ton of craft projects together, noting that "glitter always saves the day."
13) But the bezels of the Galaxy S III is what really saves the day. They take up less than half a centimeter on each side, ...
14) ... at the end of the book he saves the day because he had no fear.
15) This is the recipe that saves the day when you have a small amount of leftover hummus that you just do ...
16) ... and ship them to where they are needed. eCommerce at its best, saving the day!
17) At the moment the only thing being discredited is capitalism, socialism looks like saving the day - come the time when the banks get nationalised because they could or ...
18) ... in which the job of saving the day lands on a repair crew with barely any real weapons who've mostly ...
19) He is basically a super hero and ended up saving the day.
20) Neville's wife Julia ends up saving the day by shifting the blame to someone else entirely.