"save your breath"
an expression used to imply that it is useless to talk to someone because they will not listen
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm getting really worried about Clive. He never exercises and only eats fatty junk food. I think I should talk to him.
Friend 2: Go ahead but you may as well save your breath. I've talked and talked to him about diet and exercise. He refuses to listen.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: My wife has been asking for a weekend away and I found a really nice weekend vacation package. The only problem is that the flight leaves Friday afternoon. I need to ask the boss for Friday afternoon off.
Colleague 2: Save your breath. It's month-end and we are super busy. There is no way she will give you the afternoon off.
Colleague 1: For the sake of my marriage, I'm going to have to ask anyways. Maybe the boss will surprise us.
Saving your breath, you stop trying to convince your friend to get off the couch and start exercising.
1) ... care about anyone here in the Soo and we all know it, save your breath because he ain't gonna do squat.
2) ... saying it again in court, but if that doesn't help, save your breath.
3) Decisions have already been made so save your breath.
4) I did my best to comfort him, but you might as well save your breath with people like that. They're still going to be afraid of death ...
5) I know what you're going to say, Hurd, so save your breath.
6) ... not trying to reinvent the wheel, so curb your enthusiasm and save your breath before you start emailing me with backhanded comments comparing apples to oranges and chalk to ...
7) ... to shower abuse at anyone who dares to have an independent opinion... Save your breath Oran, it's wasted on those armchair critics.
8) ... ask the boss if we can have the afternoon off? " " Save your breath, " his co-workers advised. Eddie asked the boss anyway, and she said no.
9) Save your breath for someone who will action open their minds up and listen to you.
10) Never gonna happen sweet cheeks. Save your breath.
11) Also for those wanting to defend this company, save your breath. They obviously don't value anything other then profits and productivity.
12) He isn't willing or able to have such a debate, so save your breath.
13) Cause I won't remember, save your breath' cause what's the use?
14) You were part of the problem not the solution. Save your breath on that and tell us more about how you spend your remaining fiat dollars and ...
15) Save your breath. Ignorance and Logic are not good bed fellows.
16) You'll never get these people to change their minds, so save your breath.
17) ... so you may as well save your breath for people who care.
18) I've seen how some of you work. So save your breath for the unemployment line.
19) ... could go on and on and on about this but I choose to save my breath cause nobody will listen anyway.
20) ... was no getting it out again. I knew that, so I saved my breath, and offered no explanations.