"(to be) scared out of your wits"
so afraid that you are unable to think clearly
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why are you hiding behind your chair?
Colleague 2: With all the layoffs that have been happening, whenever I see the boss marching into the office towards me, I get scared out of my wits that I am next to be fired.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your tropical vacation?
Friend 2: Great. Except for the shark encounter. I was out swimming one morning when a shark decided that I was supposed to be breakfast.
Friend 1: You must have been scared out of your wits.
Friend 2: I will admit that I panicked. I was so frightened that all I could think to do was swim for shore as fast as I could. Luckily nothing happened and I am fine.
Being scared out of his wits, he panicked and jumped over the side of the boat.
1) I am scared out of my wits that life as we know it will be destroyed.
2) I'm scared out of my wits at the idea of losing my parents.
3) Those girls were terrified last night. They were scared out of their wits.
4) Self confidence is the difference between feeling unstoppable and feeling scared out of your wits.
5) ... that in the right circumstances it's extremely pleasant to be scared out of your wits.
6) He used his voice recorder. He was scared out of his wits by then, just babbling that they were coming for him.
7) ... a girl with learning disabilities next to me and she was scared out of her wits -- she was looking for her teddy bear.
8) Understandably, the disciples were scared out of their wits! But Jesus told them to not to be afraid.
9) Apparently they did have one paranormal experience and got scared out of their wits.
10) Don't believe any airman who says he wasn't scared out of his wits on each and every raid, I was told by veterans.
11) Hopefully he was scared out of his wits sufficiently during his time in prison to straighten out and mend his ways.
12) I don't blame her one bit for being scared out of her wits. Her life was in danger.
13) They are all in a brand new place and scared out of their wits, they all have no clue how to get to the supermarket to buy food.
14) I slipped past the guerrilla stronghold unnoticed. I was scared out of my wits. I could smell and see their cooking fires as I passed by.
15) Some people are scared out of their wits by spiders. Personally, I thought the Japanese earthquake was pretty scary.
16) Aditya drove the car so fast that Emraan got scared out of his wits.
17) ... open an envelope which contained human ash and having been scared out of his wits by this, had screamed loudly.
18) ... it's also possible that he learned the truth and is scared out of his wits about the future.
19) I was treading unfamiliar territory that left me both exhilarated and scared out of my wits at the same time.
20) Perhaps you're passionate about traveling, but you're scared out of your wits to go alone.