to get a second burst of energy
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The team is exhausted. They've been working for eight hours non-stop. They are not really making any progress.
Colleague 2: OK. I'll order in some pizza. We'll all take a break and then return to work.
Colleague 1: Great. Some food and a break should allow the team to catch their second wind.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Let's go. We've got about another hour to hike to the campsite.
Friend 2: This sure is a steep climb. I am out of breath and tired. Let me rest for a while until I can get my second wind.
Friend 1: OK. Have a rest but we really want to get to the campsite before dark.
Getting their second wind after a short break, the team continued working.
Catching her second wind around mile eighteen, she was able to finish the marathon.
1) Our legs weren't under us. But we got a bit of a second wind after that and... took the ball into their area a lot.
2) ... time to move on. 3:00 am. I just had my second wind. The pixilated clock strikes 3 am and I'm down to 100 people ...
3) I'm rooting for you and hoping you get a good second wind on it! And wishing you lots of caffeine-laden goodness.
4) Albert found his second wind into the penultimate lap, and it was his turn to put pressure on ...
5) ... or the nap is at the wrong time, your child will develop a second wind and this makes it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
6) The term 'second wind' is mostly known to the people who are related to the fitness.
7) I am catching my second wind so as I try to tackle this very complex assignment I leave you with ...
8) It's been tough of late but I'm getting a second wind these days and this blog just gave me a stronger gust in my back.
9) ... be a tiring process, but Young writes that "the mind has a second wind" and encourages creatives to push through the first wave of tiredness or boredom.
10) ... it so hard to change as now my adrenals were wired and got a second wind in the late evening.
11) ... does Barack Obama have sort of a second wind, a second burst of policy creativity?
12) ... sleepy, just give it twenty minutes or so for you to catch a second wind.
13) ... game that is all but over and a team left for dead gets its second wind slowly manages to get up off the mat and begin to chip away at a ...
14) They're asleep in an instant, faces still flushed from the second wind they got around 11:30 p.m.
15) ... redemptive acts. They give people hope and purpose. They give people a second wind and, in some cases, a second chance.
16) I never knew I had a second wind because I never pushed myself to that point to know I had a second wind.
17) Usually I only lie down for an hour to get my second wind.
18) The "psychedelic soul" era gave the group a second wind and proved hugely influential on the label's output.
19) But with success comes a new hunger, a second gear and hopefully a second wind to compete for something much greater: championships.
20) ... its tempting to stay up really late. I usually can catch a second wind and be productive from 11-2... but I know the next day I'm paying for ...