"to see someone home"
to accompany someone safely to their home
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Where has the time gone? It is after nine p.m. I suppose I should go home.
Colleague 2: You live close enough to walk to work, don't you?
Colleague 1: Yes. My apartment is only a couple of blocks away.
Colleague 2: It can be a little dangerous in this neighborhood at this time of night. Would you like me to see you home?
Colleague 1: That would be great, thanks. I would really like the company.
Colleague 2: I'll get my coat.
A man and a woman are talking after a dinner date ...
Man: Would you like me to escort you home?
Woman: No thank you. You don't need to see me home. It's perfectly safe, and I can get there on my own.
Man: OK. Goodnight then. Be safe.
Seeing his date home safely, his duty was done.
1) Hold my hand and I'll see you home.
2) If you will allow me, I will see you home, Miss Hale. The streets are not very quiet yet.
3) ... of blood, bound to be other nasties about. I'll see you home, or wherever else you're going.
4) ... it is because I support and admire you, that I want to see you home safe and well asap.
5) Come, mother, I will see you home. Tell me where you live.
6) Would you like me to see you home?
7) Oh, and then she would see you home in one piece... possible knock out a mugger.
8) ... until she went to her acquaintances' house and asked them to see her home.
9) Liuyuan didn't try to keep her; instead he volunteered to see her home.
10) Then I asked if I could see her home if I'd be going her way.
11) As it was late, it seemed a good option for him to see me home. Safer to share the journey with a friend.
12) I took the whole day off work and brought someone with me to see me home afterwards.
13) "Nikolay Andreitch," she says, "won't you see me home? The Karelins have such a huge dog that I simply daren't pass it ...
14) He offers to 'see me home safely'. I politely decline so he insists on walking me to the train.
15) ... couldn't rely on general goodwill to see them home.
16) Hopefully Manchester United's greater experience will come through and see them home.
17) ... here are at the end of round-the-world trips, and your cash might see them home).
18) The Lord will see us home safely.... Remember how he parted the seas and made way.
19) The wonderful people of Ballycastle had come to see us home -- what an incredibly emotional experience.
20) He would maybe have seen you home from the dance and he might have put a date on, it depended.