"to see stars"
to take a blow to the head that is hard enough that you see specks of light that resemble stars;
to have your brain deprived of oxygen such that you see specks of light that resemble stars
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are out golfing ...
Friend 1: I can't believe that someone hit you with a golf ball. Are you OK?
Friend 2: It was quite a hit. Now I'm seeing stars.
Friend 1: Maybe you should sit down for a minute and recover.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You'll never believe what happened to me when I went to visit Susan.
Friend 2: Do tell.
Friend 1: Well, she just got a new pet snake, a boa constrictor.
Friend 2: Go on.
Friend 1: Somehow the snake managed to wind itself around my neck and it started to squeeze.
Friend 2: What happened?
Friend 1: The snake squeezed so tight that I started to see stars.
Seeing stars is not a good thing.
1) I see stars when standing up too quickly.
2) I broke out in a cold sweat and began to see stars. The moment I finished I crumpled to the floor.
3) I am going to play my guitar until your body's rigid and you see stars.
4) I want you to make me see stars.
5) Have you been seeing stars since walking into that door?
6) Did they see stars after being hit with the frying pan?
7) Was he seeing stars off and on all day yesterday?
8) Had she seen stars before losing consciousness?
9) They had been seeing stars for several minutes before losing consciousness.
10) Are you going to be seeing stars after that blow to the head?
11) She gave herself an electric shock, and saw stars.
12) He said he blacked out for a few seconds after the blow, and then saw stars, but everything started to clear up after a few minutes.
13) I shuddered, saw stars, felt my insides tighten and then loosen up.
14) There was a deafening sound like a thunderbolt, then a creaking and groaning and then they saw stars.
15) Adam saw stars for a while, but we made it.
16) He came to this conclusion after he saw stars spinning around his head after a night of too much wine.
17) A hot slap landed on Amarachi's cheek and her eyes saw stars.
18) He'd hit me hard enough that I saw stars.
19) I stumbled backwards slightly and saw stars.
20) Marnell describes being hit in the jaw until she saw stars.