"to set your mind at rest"
to cause someone to stop worrying about something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just can't help worrying about that order that is supposed to ship in the morning. It is going to our most important customer and I want to be sure that everything is perfect.
Colleague 2: Have you got the paperwork from the warehouse?
Colleague 1: Yes. Everything seems to be in order but I can't stop fretting over it.
Colleague 2: Why don't you go down to the warehouse and check the order personally? Then you can set your mind at rest.
Colleague 1: Good idea. I'll go now.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Vivian is so worried about her job interview tomorrow.
Friend 2: What can we do to set her mind at rest?
Friend 1: Let's remind her of how very qualified she is for the job and then give her the most difficult interview questions for practice.
Friend 2: Good. And when she answers all the questions perfectly, she will be able to relax a little.
Setting your wife's mind at rest in times of trouble is what a good husband does.
1) ... so you'd think going to the doctors to set your mind at rest would be the logical next step.
2) Consultants offer a professional, friendly and exemplary service that will set your mind at rest and ensure that your visa application process is smooth and efficient!
3) ... there are some check-ups that can set your mind at rest or help you to treat hidden problems before it's too late.
4) ... to feel uncomfortable, and consider taking a sleeping pill to set your mind at rest.
5) However, having the right life insurance policy could set your mind at rest and provide financial security for you and your family.
6) I heard he was being fully supported and it really set my mind at rest to know he was safe and being looked after.
7) They have really set my mind at rest when I have been at work and he has been in their care.
8) Was the smoke just a strange coincidence? To set my mind at rest, Mike suggested that we take a look in the coolant tank.
9) This assurance from Melanie set my mind at rest, I didn't think about it again, ...
10) And that sort of set my mind at rest, knowing that we were the favourites so yeah, we were confident.
11) ... in-laws prior to meeting them, but their welcoming attitude set his mind at rest.
12) She then tried to set his mind at rest and said she had a gut instinct the whole nomination was a setup.
13) ... bosses scheduled a meeting with him to set his mind at rest and advise him to ignore the negative comments.
14) ... lunch to discuss the way forward for his structure and to set his mind at rest that he was a valued client.
15) We decided to get her one privately to set her mind at rest -- but when we got the results it did the opposite.
16) ... his wife initially misunderstood their friendship, but Mr Shu set her mind at rest. "I see her as a sister," said Mr Shu.
17) ... said being ready for a natural disaster set her mind at rest, but she was not sure how many other people were similarly prepared.
18) Despite her fears, the hospital had done little to set her mind at rest.
19) ... choosing a builder for a custom project, it helps set their mind at rest based on awards we've received, or been nominated for.
20) Inadequate public retirement benefits also won't do anything to set their mind at rest.