"to shake a leg"
to hurry; to move faster;
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking:
Girlfriend: Our plane leaves in two hours and traffic to the airport is really bad at this time of day.
Boyfriend: Then we had better shake a leg.
Girlfriend: I'm ready. Let's go.
A grandmother and grandson are talking at a party ...
Grandson: Are you going to ask Grandpa to shake a leg?
Grandmother: This song is not really what we are used to dancing to.
Grandson: I'll ask the DJ to put on a swing number. Then you can dance with Grandpa.
Grandmother: Thank you dear.
Shaking a leg, they rushed to catch their plane.
Shaking a leg, they danced all night.
1) Sikh to head the Indian army also briefly joined the dance floor to shake a leg.
2) We now sometimes use shake a leg to mean 'hurry up'.
3) Before that though shake a leg had another meaning, which was 'to dance'.
4) Nearly every man in town able to shake a leg has purchased a ticket.
5) ... children can shake a leg in the disco or enjoy other live entertainment ...
6) Was she nervous to shake a leg with Dev, who is known to be a brilliant dancer?
7) We Indians have uncomplicated programming needs: pray, then shake a leg in the morning, watch sob stuff in the afternoon, ...
8) It seems everyone wanted to sing a song and shake a leg.
9) After taking a break from the show, the 26-year-old went on to shake a leg on dance reality show.
10) Christian faithful now have a chance to shake a leg to gospel music all night long in a disco club that plays only gospel music.
11) If you're the sort of person who likes to shake a leg and dance the night away then Colombo has got just the thing for you.
12) For people who love to shake a leg there are dance floors and live performances by belly dancers.
13) Now and then, one of you gets to the dance floor to shake a leg with any of the many ladies who would otherwise be dancing alone.
14) The music of the song forces you to shake a leg along with it.
15) Celebrate our culture as you listen -- or shake a leg -- to traditional musical performances at a venue along The Crooked Road.
16) George can be seen shaking a leg as he takes to the centre of the dance floor and proves ...
17) Moreover, she was pleased to be shaking a leg with Venkatesh in this song.
18) ... actor who claims that he 'loves dancing' but was last seen shaking a leg on screen for the song ...
19) Preity is also seen shaking a leg or two with the dishy hunk.
20) ... is a number that is worth shaking a leg for its quirkiness and foot tapping beats.