"to shoot your mouth off"
to boast or talk too much, often about things you should not talk about or that you know nothing about, often without thinking
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I get a little tired of Frank always having an opinion about things. He never shuts up. It drives me crazy when he talks on and on about things he knows nothing about. It is like he needs everyone to think that he is smarter than anyone else.
Colleague 2: Frank does like to shoot his mouth off.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Lynn is really upset with us.
Friend 2: What happened?
Friend 1: Luke went and shot his mouth off about our upcoming trip. Of course, we were keeping it a secret from Lynn because we did not want Lynn to join us this time. And now Lynn is hurt and upset because she knows we excluded her.
Friend 1: Typical Luke not being able to keep his mouth shut.
Shooting your mouth off about how much money you earn is in poor taste.
1) SM should be reprimanded for shooting his mouth off without thinking.
2) ... is also prone to shooting his mouth off at the United Nations and threatening to quit it, but, interestingly, ...
3) ... has a plan. He's not just shooting his mouth off. He wants to reshape the way business is done in the US.
4) ... data to support that but he has been in a habit of just shooting his mouth off and he doesn't really think what he is talking about.
5) ... has a habit of shooting his mouth off. about subjects he knows nothing about.
6) I'd suggest you read more about the subject at hand before shooting your mouth off again in an area where you display very little knowledge.
7) So before you start shooting your mouth off, you may want to check your facts.
8) ... it's a wise man's move to wait and watch instead of shooting your mouth off prematurely.
9) ... first place you don't understand how they work. You are just shooting your mouth off when you talk about fraud. You have no proof of it and you ...
10) I like to make sure my brains are loaded before I shoot my mouth off.
11) ... I might make fewer mistakes and be less inclined to shoot my mouth off when a referee made the occasional error.
12) ... that's how you build your reputation in Hollywood and she had to shoot her mouth off.
13) ... the president's deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, foolishly shot his mouth off, as liberals see it, to a seemingly friendly journalist about how cleverly ...
14) The guy shot his mouth off and he was canned. If you're in the military you have to ...
15) Still, he shot his mouth off in directions that don't make him or his organization look very professional.
16) I agree that this is a president who likes to shoot his mouth off in extemporaneous outbursts that should be worrisome if taken literally.
17) ... aspirant, should be careful about what he says. He can not shoot his mouth off like a loose cannon.
18) So why did she shoot his mouth off this way which didn't exactly make her or her party's image look good.
19) ... am so pained that nowadays I have to stop to think occasionally before shooting my mouth off.
20) I'm vocal about things, but I don't go around shooting my mouth off.