"to sleep like the dead"
to sleep very deeply and restfully
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You are looking really well rested this morning.
Colleague 2: Thanks. I was so tired after having worked so hard for the last couple of days that I went home, had a quick dinner and then went to bed and slept like the dead for ten hours straight. I didn't hear a thing. I don't think I even moved in my sleep. I awoke feeling extremely refreshed.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Why are you tip-toeing around?
Husband: I am trying to be quiet so I don't wake the baby.
Wife: You don't have to be quiet. Once the baby goes down, he sleeps like the dead. Do you remember that terrible thunderstorm last week?
Wife: Your son slept right through it.
Sleeping like the dead, she did not even here the thunderstorm.
1) With four dives in one day, the sea air and the comfy beds, most people sleep like the dead.
2) I just wanted to hit my bed and sleep like the dead. I dozed off in my seat. The office phone rang.
3) ... usually is tired by school, homework, team sports, etc, that he sleeps like the dead when it's lights out at 9:30pm!
4) ... to sleep, which was not till after a great deal of tossing, I slept like the dead of wood.
5) ... started working out during the evening and when it was time for bed, I slept like the dead. Also keeping your room cool will also help.
6) ... every hour through the night, such a relief to see daylight. I shall sleep like the dead tonight.
7) ... the days being filled with good company and interesting places, insomnia disappeared and I slept like the dead which in turn gave me more energy and a better chance to ...
8) The tablets make him sleep like the dead of wood till the next morning.
9) It never really takes me more than 3 min to fall asleep and I would sleep like the dead or corpse to be exact till the very next morning.
10) I have been sleeping like the dead, which is unusual for me as I'm normally a very restless sleeper.
11) ... hardly heard anything below, as for the bed well, lets just say i slept like the dead with more than enough pillows than I've ever seen before.
12) Sleep like the dead: If you sleep like the dead, you sleep very soundly.
13) Just to break the routine, I may as well sleep like the dead and forget to set my alarm.
14) ... be exhausted from attending kindergarten and playing around with his sister that he'd sleep like the dead.
15) I took the first weekend call. Needless to say, the call left me sleeping like the dead the whole of the next day.
16) ... it was one of the best five day breaks I ever had. I slept like the dead every night. We ate well in our little camper-van.
17) It is nice and quiet at boat station 3 and I always slept like the dead.
18) I slept like the dead and woke up feeling great.
19) ... the bedside table will fill the room with a bright, eerie glow. I sleep like the dead, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
20) ... you are very sleepy ahead of your bedtime and you have no doubts you will sleep like the dead, go to sleep earlier.