an inconsequential amount or insignificant item or matter
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think I am about to sign that deal I have been working on for the last two weeks.
Colleague 2: Oh, ya? How much is it worth?
Colleague 1: About fifty thousand a year.
Colleague 2: That's small potatoes. Daniel's just signed a deal worth five million.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I wonder if it is going to snow today?
Husband: Seriously? That's small potatoes. I wonder how we are going to pay next month's mortgage now that I have lost my job.
There is no gerund form for small potatoes.
1) But in the mania of world-record-setting jackpots, $1 million is small potatoes.
2) My story is small potatoes compared to some of the abuse and assaults that happen to people.
3) By-and-large he was right, but it was small potatoes, stuff that could easily be vetted out.
4) ... Beijing and a plethora of other world class cities. So it is no small potatoes for them to come to Mississauga, tentatively scheduled sometime around June to August of ...
5) I saved around $12 in September, which might seem like small potatoes at face value, but $12 (or more) a month adds up.
6) ... shoveling snow from more than a third of an acre -- your driveway is small potatoes.
7) The injuries he sustained are small potatoes compared to what could have happened. Just the fact that nobody died was the ...
8) You're worried about this small potatoes stuff when Trump is asking why we aren't using nuclear weapons?
9) The FBI considers the robberies small potatoes, not worthy of investigation.
10) This isn't a public defender, he's the small potatoes salvation for hookers and drunks and misdemeanor drug possession.
11) Things that people hate about her... are kind of small potatoes, compared to other people who have run for public office.
12) I don't actually think these things are small potatoes. Daily choices and personal experiences are important front lines of feminism, too.
13) ... but by yesterday, that was small potatoes. In fact, that was almost benign and innocent commentary compared to what followed.
14) This is all small potatoes in the scheme of things, but every little bit counts.
15) But that turned out to be small potatoes compared to the later shocking revelations about clerical sex abuse.
16) I worry that we cry over small potatoes while the big ones rot.
17) Indeed, the March 11, 2011, disaster could be small potatoes compared with quakes expected to hit Tokyo and Japan's industrial heartland someday.
18) This is not small potatoes. This would be a huge loss to the city if we lost this event.
19) His current post might sound like small potatoes, but the state land commissioner is a high-profile position in Texas.
20) For now, Bitcoin is still small potatoes. But 100,00 retailers, including Dell and Microsoft and Time Inc., accept Bitcoin.