on a small scale;
not very important or successful
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are we not worried about this new competitor on the market? They seem to have a pretty good product.
Colleague 2: Nothing to worry about there. They are small time. They don't have even five percent of our reach and distribution network.
Colleague 1: I suppose such a small venture would have a difficult time competing with the multi-national conglomerate that we are.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I am so glad you told me about that farmer's market at the edge of town. There are some really unique products available.
Friend 2: Yes. All the vendors are small-time producers. They do what they do because they love to do it. Therefore, the products are high quality and very often unique and unavailable from a big chain store.
Friend 1: So, most of the vendors have regular jobs and just sell their products for a hobby?
Friend 2: Exactly.
There is no gerund form for small-time.
1) Because unless I (as a small-time dev with no legal funds nor even the funds to file patents) have absolutely ...
2) Of course, some patent cases really are necessary. There are small-time inventors that have their ingenious idea co-opted by giant companies.
3) How the heck is BayTSP supposed to figure out who is a small-time "downloader" and who isn't?
4) As this was happening, small-time crooks Al Bello and Dexter Bradley were conducting an unsuccessful break-in down the block.
5) ... and changed the law enforcement approach from hindering small-time pot transactions to investigating widespread drug robberies.
6) ... campaign also refused to divulge the names of the millions of small-time donors who contributed (many repeatedly) under $200 to the campaign.
7) In any event, he was a small-time professional thief, a thoroughly worthless specimen who would most assuredly have ended up on ...
8) ... tells the story of a small-time smuggler who gets in over his head.
9) ... don't consider how " sharing freely " will make it nearly impossible for many small-time artists to create anything, much less earn a living from their work.
10) These issues are pretty small-time, and won't matter a bit to the very large majority.
11) ... they can make that law, they steal what they like. Creators (especially small time creators - like songwriters) have little recourse. Lawsuits cost money small creators don't have.
12) I can answer that question. Because they are a small time consumer just like you are. They are not part of some multi-million dollar ...
13) Meanwhile, big business interests are ready to buy out their small time competitors. Big fish eat small fish and small fish simply can't prosper.
14) To be honest, my question is whether they'll accept small time investors (real small in my case) to be a part of this ...
15) Likewise, I would like to buy clothing that is sweat-shop free and support small time designers.
16) I'm a small time beekeeper and occasionally I'll wonder if it's worth the hassle.
17) ... so they can give more money to some huge corporation instead of a small time author.
18) His only experience was refereeing 'small time' basketball and football games -- mostly for high school students and junior college.
19) And we're not talking about small time personal blogs, either. We're talking about Entertainment Weekly, ...
20) I'm a small time director, but if any millionaires want to team up, let's make ...