ordinary postal service as opposed to email
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What's that?
Colleague 2: It's the contract from our new client.
Colleague 1: And they sent it via snail mail?
Colleague 2: If you can imagine. They printed the contract, put it in a stamped envelope and sent it through the post.
Colleague 1: I can't remember the last time I saw an actual piece of mail at work.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I got a letter in the mail this morning.
Friend 2: Really? I've never received an actual letter in my life. Who is the letter from?
Friend 1: It's from my grandparents. It's an invitation to their fiftieth wedding anniversary.
Friend 2: Wow. How old-fashioned.
Friend 1: There is even a self-addressed stamped envelope to send the RSVP back by snail mail.
Friend 2: Cool.
There is no gerund form for snail mail.
1) ... handwriting on an envelope could make your heart jump. When we all used snail mail, not broadband, and when the annual sending and receiving of the Christmas ...
2) ... to be that you could write a letter and wait weeks for a response on snail mail.
3) In any case, it's certainly much quicker than snail mail and saves you the agony of waiting for days.
4) ... stuff the sheets into envelopes affixed with postage stamps and send them via snail mail to significant others.
5) ... staying in touch with your friends or even family via snail mail is almost unheard of.
6) He added that overnight shipping will seem like snail mail compared to the instant gratification of drone delivery.
7) Seniors seemed more likely to trust the snail mail offers while millennial's preferred the emails.
8) ... that as the world goes digital, stamps have become less popular, together with snail mail in general.
9) Gone are the days when snail mail and the telephone ruled. Today, digital technology and social media aim to ...
10) This being well before the era of emails and Facebook, the correspondence is by snail mail.
11) Except for the monthly bills, I have probably received one or two letters via snail mail in my whole life.
12) But just last year around Christmastime, I got a letter via snail mail -- my second after the first I received almost two decades ago.
13) She received one get well card via snail mail and another came in the form of an electronic card.
14) Finally, on 26 Monday, I received a letter -- yes, snail mail -- dated 21 September from ...
15) It usually took at least two weeks for snail mail to arrive. Not too many families had telephones back then.
16) ... the switch from horse and buggy to motorcar, from typewriter to computer, from snail mail to email. Disruptive and breakthrough innovations have emerged as a way of ...
17) ... since January has split regular post into $1.50 per "priority mail" and $1 snail mail -- which can take up to six working days to deliver.
18) Back in the old days we used to keep in touch with snail mail, writing letters and the odd phone call.
19) ... as interested in the medium as the message -- history discovered on printed paper via snail mail -- a medium that feels historical itself and seems like a perfect tribute to ...
20) ... put it in an envelope with stamps on it, and send it off in snail mail.