"to snap your head off"
to answer someone in an unreasonably angry way
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What was going on in there? I was watching through the boss's office window and he sure looked upset all of a sudden.
Colleague 2: We were talking about the Anderson Report and I made a very polite comment about a small change I thought would improve the report and he snapped my head off.
Colleague 1: The Anderson report is the boss's special project. He feels very invested in it and takes any comment personally.
Colleague 2: Still no reason to react so angrily and rudely. I was only trying to help.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: Hey. Would you like me to take you out for lunch?
Wife: What? Oh, shut up. Are you a moron?
Husband: No need to snap my head off. I was just asking about something nice.
Wife: Can't you see that I am swamped with chores? Look at the piles of laundry and all the dirty dishes in the sink.
Snapping your boss's head off when asked a polite question will not earn you any respect.
1) Some days she'll feel fantastic, some days she'll snap your head off as soon as you open your mouth, and some days she ...
2) I just wonder why people ask and then proceed to snap your head off if they don't hear what they want to hear?
3) I didn't mean to snap your head off. Sorry!
4) ... terrified and need to know you'll forgive me if I snap at you or snap your head off.
5) She would make cutting remarks to people all the time, and snap your head off at any moment.
6) Here are people that are open to Jesus. They are less likely to snap your head off if you start talking about the Bible.
7) OK please don't snap my head off as I'm genuinely trying to understand.
8) ... go over and keep her company. I had no idea that she wouldn't snap my head off or be dismissive and quaked as I was pushed in her direction.
9) Can I speak now, or are you going to snap my head off?
10) Just a thought, and please don't snap my head off for it, but: Being offended is a choice.
11) ... the one time I asked him why he was a veggie, he snapped my head off. OMG I didn't realise that vegetarianism was taboo and ...
12) I worked 10 hours a day all week and my boss snapped my head off for not doing my share of the work!
13) ... of your posts on religion without raging at the numerous logical fallacies, and you snapped my head off for doing so.
14) She snapped my head off. She chewed me out for interrupting her, told me to ...
15) ... so uptight about negative comments regarding GT5? I have a friend who almost snapped my head off when I mentioned GT5 is averaging 85% in reviews.
16) ... so I'd be sat there fuming for 10/15 mins and then snap his head off!
17) The man is genuinely trying to comfort you and then you come back and snap his head off?
18) ... a poorly written statement, but honestly that doesn't give any real reason to snap his head off.
19) Alright, now don't go snapping my head off people, notice how I didn't say ALL men and women.
20) ... angry, so I guess you did hit a nerve! I appreciate you not biting my head off for that.