"so be it"
it is necessary to accept the situation as it exists;
this is the way it will be
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: And if you don't get the promotion?
Colleague 2: So be it. There was nothing else I could have done. If I don't get the promotion, then I will just work that much harder to get the next one.
Colleague 1: That is a very mature outlook. I am not sure I could be so accepting of rejection after working so hard.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: My mother-in-law is coming to visit and will be staying for a month.
Friend 2: Lucky you. Is there no way to change the situation?
Friend 1: I am afraid not. My wife is so excited and the kids are even more so that their grandmother will be around for a month that I have no choice but to accept the visit as it is.
Friend 2: So be it. I suppose you will have to make the best of it.
There is no gerund form for so be it.
1) If I choose to forgo insurance, well so be it, that's my business, not yours.
2) If the state allows same sex marriage, so be it. I am not responsible for your choices.
3) ... send them home. If I have to come back and do it, then so be it.
4) ... policy I don't like or promote war but if someone wants a fight then so be it.
5) ... and that I risk hearing the wrath of those who disagree with me. So be it.
6) If it's the other way around, so be it. We've got to go with what we've got.
7) Being one of the sheep is the easiest way to go. So be it. I could care less because, there is no turning back now.
8) If they win, good for them; if they lose, so be it.
9) If you'd like the media to ruin Trayvon's case, so be it. That's something you have to rectify.
10) If the legislature so deemed that as the law of our jurisdiction then so be it.
11) If someone is offended by that simple truth... so be it. Live life as you see fit. Yet let others live as ...
12) If Amanda wants to go to LA to be closer to greener grass, so be it.
13) If you have to get on a wait list, so be it, wait for a spot to open up.
14) ... live within our means... if that means you have $1 a month fun money so be it (or get another job).
15) If you think I'm being hypocritical, so be it. But, then you haven't read anything I have written about ...
16) If I die on the door step, so be it.
17) If he gets it, fine and well. If he doesn't, so be it. But I am just about done with caring about how ...
18) If faithfulness is a deal-breaker for her, so be it.
19) If I have to work on getting to my level at open beta again, so be it. I see no other way to do it.
20) ... and if that makes the price of lettuce go up, so be it.