"(to be) soft-hearted"
having feelings of kindness and sympathy for other people
Related words and phrases:
A husband and wife are talking as the doorbell rings ...
Wife: That will be the pizza delivery. Could you get it please?
Husband: Do you have any cash?
Wife: Where's your cash?
Husband: I passed a homeless man outside my office building and he looked so needy and forlorn that I gave him all my cash.
Wife: You are so soft-hearted.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Did you get time off to visit your ailing grandmother?
Colleague 2: Sure. I just explained to the boss that my grandmother was not well and the boss said she understood that family comes first and that I could take all the time I needed. The boss really is very sympathetic.
Colleague 1: Yes, the boss is quite soft-hearted.
Being soft-hearted, she brought the poor suffering stray dog home.
1) ... found that I had lost the power of sympathy. I had formerly been a soft-hearted man -- I remarked now that the sight of suffering found me entirely callous.
2) No other War Crimes Tribunal in the world has been described with such soft-hearted sympathy for the perpetrators of a large-scale genocide.
3) He is a soft-hearted person and is greatly affectionate towards his wife Manisha.
4) She seems to be an extremely soft-hearted person who sees the good in everyone and truly believes people can change.
5) And also realized that Kirk, despite his gruff demeanour, was a soft-hearted, true friend.
6) ... of like you like to pretend to be a clown, but you really are soft-hearted and generous!
7) The world needs more soft-hearted sitar-playing poets, anyway. And the Canadian university system is fine for that.
8) Abu Bakr is a soft-hearted person and when he stands at your place, he will weep.
9) ... an armed uprising now stands exposed as little more than the conceit of those too soft-hearted to accept the existence of true evil.
10) ... they have vulnerabilities and can be mired in bureaucracy. Their leaders are not soft-hearted do-gooders.
11) Running and jumping is what a horse does best and all the soft-hearted, bunny-hugging sentimentality in the world won't alter that.
12) She had no more smiles. Not even a false one to trick a soft-hearted Scorpion.
13) He's a soft-hearted guy who tries to make himself hard.
14) My dad cried. He's a soft-hearted guy.
15) Though stern of appearance, he was a soft-hearted man, a good teacher.
16) I'm a soft-hearted person who often has many emotions... and I cry easily.
17) For you to say that your heart was broken is evidence that you are a soft-hearted person. And soft-heartedness is synonymous with Islam.
18) The soft-hearted man would eventually give in to his wife's indulgence.
19) My wife understands that I'm a soft-hearted, giving person.
20) The other camp is made up of gullible daft stoners and soft-hearted limp-wristed couch potatoes who believe what they hear on the TV and in movies.