a tender or sentimental fondness
Related words and phrases:
a weak or vulnerable position, place, condition or point
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking ...
Wife: What is Junior doing?
Husband: He is taking his leftover supper out to the backyard to leave for that stray cat that has been hanging around.
Wife: It is cute that he has a soft spot for stray cats.
Husband: He just feels so sorry for strays. This particular stray seems like a really nice cat. You can tell that she was owned by someone at some point and was probably abandoned. Poor thing.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Our competitor is really starting to dominate us with their new marketing strategy.
Colleague 2: Then we need to find their soft spot.
Colleague 1: Good idea. Identify a weakness so that we can take advantage of it.
Colleague 2: One possibility is that their product seems to alienate the less affluent sector of society. We may be able to exploit that.
There is no gerund form for soft spot.
1) ... latest fling in a long affair with motorcycles. I've always had a soft spot for motorcycling starting with a new Honda SL125 in 1972.
2) Such women say that a woman, however difficult, will always have a soft spot for her son and would always want to see him happy and comfortable.
3) I have a soft spot for films aimed at young women -- an often-maligned genre.
4) ... sustained recovery will prompt companies to boost wages and household spending, seen as a soft spot in the world's third-largest economy.
5) ... may be rubbing shoulders with Hollywood stars but he still has a soft spot for his hometown of Nelson.
6) Education, which accounted for $6.5 million of the CDF, was a soft spot area which the first-time MP said he zeroed in on, spending heavily on back-to-school ...
7) Jessica loves technology in all its forms, and has a soft spot for the clunky flip phones of yesteryear.
8) When I handed the teddy bears out to the children I felt a soft spot growing in my heart for each and every one them.
9) He starts dribbling nicely from the flanks until he finds a soft spot in the defenders line.
10) He had a soft spot for the underdog and downtrodden.
11) They love kids and who doesn't love man who has a soft spot for children?
12) He is driven by telling readers what is going on but also has a soft spot for the occasional quirky business story which gets people talking.
13) Rich people have a soft spot in heart for expensive luxury cars.
14) He's very helpful, I think he has a bit of a soft spot for us all because he's been through it as well.
15) Right now, though, the soft spot in Google's advertising network sales is no big deal.
16) Use these three questions to help you: I have a soft spot for (add food type and quantities). I most often eat poorly ( ...
17) ... has a soft spot for children with disabilities.
18) That's always been my game. I'm a shooter. Find a soft spot and get open.
19) It doesn't help when the Finance Minister has a soft spot for the tax-avoiding scavengers who prey on the weak and the dying.
20) This is a soft spot because it's not a part of the secured area.