"sounds as if"
to seem, from what has been said, that something is true
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I understand that you were assigned that big new project.
Colleague 2: Yes, and it's huge and complex. Should take about three months to complete.
Colleague 1: Sounds as if you've got a lot of work to do.
Two friends are making plans ...
Friend 1: When do you want to head out?
Friend 2: Let's get together at your place around six, have dinner, get ready and then leave around nine.
Friend 1: Sounds as if you've got a plan all figured out.
Sounding as if something is true, it often is.
1) Sounds as if he wants to get a new house and pay some taxes.
2) Based on the feedback, sounds as if the magnitude of the impact was a pretty big deal.
3) That woman should not be a principal. It sounds as if she doesn't know how to keep her religious views separate from her job.
4) An algorithm is a predefined set of steps to achieve an end-result. Sounds as if a program doesn't it.
5) He sounds as if he was a train wreck, but was really a wonderful guy.
6) An old friend is in town. He sounds as if he's got a problem.
7) Must check this out sooner than later. Sounds as if it's one to own as opposed to borrow.
8) If it sounds as if I'm being ultra-critical, it's because I am.
9) All the above strategy sounds as if it's something a bunch of 20 somethings came up with for a college project.
10) What a special, special time it sounds as if you all had together. Such a blessing!
11) Thomas, we are very sorry that this happened to you. It sounds as if you had a frustrating experience, and we are concerned about you.
12) Sounds as if it's the kind of plan that will definitely work out in the long run.
13) That sounds as if it's a great way to bring sanity into the idea as well.
14) Perhaps what I just wrote sounds as if I'm calling the sun bright, but I am trying to make a point.
15) Why don't economists subscribe to what sounds as if common sense to businesspeople?
16) That kind of sounds as if what the new Obamacare regulation is going to do in the United States.
17) Sounds as if it's a truly imaginative solution.
18) This is clear from the Gospel, but in modern times it sounds as if it's a fairy tale.
19) It almost sounds as if they had two separate structures at the same address.
20) Anne sounds as if she's an amazing teacher.