to seem, from what has been said, that something is true
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I understand that you were assigned that big new project.
Colleague 2: Yes, and it's huge and complex. Should take about three months to complete.
Colleague 1: Sounds like you've got a lot of work to do.
Two friends are making plans ...
Friend 1: When do you want to head out?
Friend 2: Let's get together at your place around six, have dinner, get ready and then leave around nine.
Friend 1: Sounds like a plan.
Sounding like something is true, it often is.
1) Sounds like he wants to get a new house and pay some taxes.
2) Based on the feedback, sounds like the magnitude of the impact was a pretty big deal.
3) That woman should not be a principal. It sounds like she doesn't know how to keep her religious views separate from her job.
4) An algorithm is a predefined set of steps to achieve an end-result. Sounds like a program doesn't it.
5) He sounds like a train wreck, but was really a wonderful guy.
6) An old friend is in town. He sounds like he's got a problem.
7) Must check this out sooner than later. Sounds like one to own as opposed to borrow.
8) If it sounds like I'm being ultra-critical, it's because I am.
9) All the above strategy sounds like something a bunch of 20 somethings came up with for a college project.
10) What a special, special time it sounds like you all had together. Such a blessing!
11) Thomas, we are very sorry that this happened to you. It sounds like you had a frustrating experience, and we are concerned about you.
12) Sounds like the kind of plan that will definitely work out in the long run.
13) That sounds like a great way to bring sanity into the idea as well.
14) Perhaps what I just wrote sounds like calling the sun bright, but I am trying to make a point.
15) Why don't economists subscribe to what sounds like common sense to businesspeople?
16) That kind of sounds like what the new Obamacare regulation is going to do in the United States.
17) Sounds like a truly imaginative solution.
18) This is clear from the Gospel, but in modern times it sounds like a fairy tale.
19) It almost sounds like they had two separate structures at the same address.
20) Anne sounds like an amazing teacher.