"to speak your mind"
to say exactly what you are thinking or feeling
Related words and phrases:
Ned and Grace are preparing to go out for supper at a fancy restaurant. Grace has spent the last hour choosing a dress and accessories, doing her hair and putting on her makeup. Of course Ned is ready to go and is waiting in the living room when Grace comes down the stairs. Grace is wearing a red dress that is two sizes too small for her. Her shoes are green. Her hair is styled in an old-fashioned way and she is wearing far too much makeup. Grace asks Ned ...
"How do I look?"
Does Grace honestly want to hear Ned's true opinion?
Do you think that Ned should speak his mind?
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Speak Your Mind. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Speaking your mind can sometimes burn your bridges.
1) I speak my mind when the truth is important.
2) You speak your mind when you think the other person needs to know the truth.
3) He speaks his mind when he has a strong opinion.
4) She speaks her mind because she is a very honest person.
5) We speak our minds when we have very strong opinions.
6) You (all) speak your minds because you (all) think you (all) are always correct.
7) They speak their minds when they believe that their opinions will change the outcome of an event.
8) Has he been speaking his mind since learning that speaking the truth is best?
9) Will you (all) be speaking your minds during tomorrow's meeting?
10) I hope we're in a free society that still allows us to speak our mind.
11) We are not frightened as before to speak our mind.
12) Sometimes we have to take a little risk and some courage to speak our mind and heart.
13) We see people without ever meeting, touch people without ever physically connecting, and speak our mind to the masses without ever opening our mouths.
14) Voting is a way to speak our mind and let our voice be heard!
15) Try not to look down at your feet- ever. Speak your mind, and don't be afraid of what others think.
16) Free speech is not free! Speak your mind, make trouble, and you are a communist!
17) Congratulations for having the courage to stand up speak your mind, bravo for doing it so well!
18) Nobody's curtailing your right to speak your mind. Have it it.
19) I applaud you for the courage to once again speak your mind.
20) Through our efforts we must support those basic rights to speak your mind and access information.