"spur of the moment"
suddenly or spontaneously;
without advance planning
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Where is Harvey going?
Colleague 2: He is going to go and pitch that prospective new client we have been talking about for the last couple of days.
Colleague 1: Just like that? I thought we were planning the best strategy and preparing for possible contingencies?
Colleague 2: Harvey decided on the spur of the moment. I guess he felt a sudden inspiration.
A couple are talking on a Friday evening ...
Husband: Let's go away for the weekend.
Wife: Just like that, a spur-of-the-moment decision?
Husband: Sure. Why not? It will be fun.
Wife: What should I pack?
Husband: Throw a few things in a bag. We can pick up whatever we need along the way.
There is no gerund form for spur of the moment.
1) Usually it is not a good idea to come out on the spur of the moment. Make coming out an action, not a reaction.
2) ... requires them to plan their departure around the lease end date rather than getting a spur of the moment idea.
3) Close enough to have breakfast together in the mornings, or drop by spur of the moment.
4) This worked great with Paul, who was constantly inventing scenes on the spur of the moment. The film was always changing and it was very creative and ...
5) You'll need to call well in advance of your needs. These are not "spur of the moment" taxi services. Gold Cross Ambulance and other area ambulances are ...
6) On the other, they should not squander their patrimony on spur of the moment misadventures.
7) ... if you had it done after a drinking binge or some other spur of the moment whim, and then you wake up regretting what you have done.
8) Their wedding -- which, naturally, takes place on the spur of the moment at a Las Vegas chapel -- comes as a terrible surprise to ...
9) He said something on the spur of the moment, stumbled through it and used language that was incorrect and inappropriate.
10) I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning. These are not spur of the moment reflections, but things I have been meditating on for about a year.
11) Start planning early - like, now: No trip to Comic-Con can be spur of the moment. Tickets go on sale months ahead of time.
12) I like being able to grab what I need for one meal at the spur of the moment.
13) ... learns to act deliberately, consciously, and with circumspection, and not on the spur of the moment, and so does everything prepared to face all consequences.
14) They don't tell you you can't really take off a day at the spur of the moment because you will have patients scheduled that you can't cancel on.
15) Many pet store puppies are spur of the moment purchases and many end up in shelters in the end.
16) Even our higher walk-up fares will be reasonable and will allow for inexpensive spur-of-the-moment travel.
17) ... sufficiently confident in the programme as well as their leader to follow the maestro's spur-of-the-moment variations from the original plan.
18) It was a spur-of-the-moment decision. We didn't pack anything.
19) We have all made foolish spur-of-the-moment decisions but unfortunately for this brave soul it was to end her life.
20) I wasn't planning on wearing this outfit. Due to the nature of our spur-of-the-moment visit to Devon I didn't iron our clothing before packing.