a fair and honest agreement, arrangement or transaction
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you had a chance to look over the renewal contract?
Colleague 2: I have. It looks fair and honest. There is no funny business in the fine print. It is exactly as was negotiated.
Colleague 1: So you would call it a square deal?
Colleague 2: Absolutely.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm thinking about taking a vacation but I am not sure which travel agent to use. I want to make sure that the vacation goes as planned and that there won't be any surprises. I also don't want to pay more that I have to.
Friend 2: Let me give you the name of my travel agent. They always give a square deal. Often, they even throw in some extras at no extra charge.
Friend 1: Sounds great. Please give me their contact information.
There is no gerund form for square deal.
1) ... would do a thing like that? Maybe someone you wouldn't get a 'square deal' from? Maybe someone who wasn't 'on the level'?
2) ... also their duty to see their government does right by us and gives us a square deal. We condemn the whole policy of the B.C. government towards the Indian ...
3) ... it is not so much a question of a square deal or of a fair deal for separate entities, but the necessity for a ...
4) We are told that the claim of the railway companies is for a so-called square deal.
5) Its ideal does not have to be any more than that of obtaining a 'square deal' for the workers, in the general terms permitted by that situation.
6) The general principles of any planning legislation must provide a square deal for the citizen.
7) ... their 18 year-long search for equality, an eye catching title - "The Square Deal Campaign".
8) We owe to one and all, For with fair play and square deal, too, we are ready for our country's call.
9) ... or even unbelievable to those who have not yet experienced such a relationship, the square deal value offered by substantive marketing can really lead to true partnerships and trust between ...
10) ... to try to find common ground on schedule and budget. # Paradoxically, this square deal and honesty about the readiness and weaknesses of our offerings often leads to forgiveness ...
11) ... and the landlady there is so mean. She doesn't give the people a square deal.
12) We tried to ensure that everyone got a fair deal. It was a square deal for everyone.
13) Flatter him as he flatters you and robs you. Never give him a square deal because he is never going to give you one.
14) ... employees, bosses, and customers on the reality that I brought better than a square deal to the table. I promised a lot, and over-delivered on the promise.
15) ... of finding entry level work that offers a square deal.
16) We must see that each is given a square deal, because he is entitled to no more and should receive no less.
17) We demand that big business give the people a square deal.
18) ... the perpetually re-elected hucksters fool you with their promise of a fair shot, a square deal, or of making someone else pay their fair share.
19) ... best value and sound available? Are we being gypped or did I get a square deal?
20) It has been the element responsive to appeals for the square deal and more nearly equal opportunities for all, as it has understood equality of ...