a full and well-balanced meal
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How long have you been living on junk food?
Colleague 2: About three days now. I am just so busy, I really don't have time for a decent meal.
Colleague 1: I am going to take you out after work for a square meal. There is a diner just across the street that serves hearty, full meals and the service is really fast.
Colleague 2: Thanks. Good idea. A nice meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes and a side of vegetables would be good.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How is your volunteer work at the soup kitchen going?
Friend 2: Really well. It is quite rewarding to help serve square meals to people who really need them.
Friend 1: What kind of food is served?
Friend 2: We always try to provide a full and complete meal so people feel that their bellies are full.
There is no gerund form for square meal.
1) I don't care how much candy you have. I want a good square meal, not your junk.
2) Everybody was busy and everybody was happy and everybody got a good square meal every day.
3) This bread is very soggy but each hunk is a square meal and it certainly sticks to the ribs for a long while.
4) The last meal before the fast is a good square meal, but one that is easily digestible.
5) ... repeated, by tour guides and the like, that the expression' a square meal' originated from the Royal Navy practice of serving meals on square wooden plates.
6) had obtained from my saddle-bags, I soon sat down to a "genuine square meal," which I greatly relished.
7) Nonetheless, I could always rustle up a square meal, such as omelet and chips, without the option of the takeaway being available.
8) ... 1,000,000 (one million) older people in the UK eating less than one square meal a day.
9) ... hours to a larger village and a restaurant that provided them with their first square meal in two days.
10) Now I am struggling to manage a square meal. Compensation claims still pending.
11) ... live below the poverty line and do not have the means to eat a square meal a day.
12) ... because he had not eaten for fifteen days. After eating a square meal, and having rested, he comes back to the father.
13) But my heart bleeds for genuine souls who need medicine or one square meal to survive.
14) ... workers of every stripe could head at midday and be assured of a sit-down square meal. The fare was straightforward (soup; pot-Au-feu; the occasional grill) ...
15) ... he hauntingly looks just like you and I would absent a shower and a square meal for 30 days.
16) For the price of one square meal you can get two pounds of cheap sweets.
17) The topic is food, and where to get a good cheap square meal in this neighborhood. I myself have a few regular lunch stops, listed ...
18) They come from so poor families that they can't afford even a square meal a day.
19) Do you have three square meals each day? How often do you throw food away?
20) Pensioners can not even afford a square meal a day, and they find it very difficult to pay their electricity, water ...