"to stand corrected"
to admit that you were wrong
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you quite sure that these figures are accurate?
Colleague 2: I believe so. Why?
Colleague 1: I was comparing the figures in your report to the originals and think I have found an error.
Colleague 2: Let me have a look. Oh, yes, you are right. I stand corrected. I'll just make the necessary changes to update the report to the correct figures.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Are you absolutely sure you put the broom away in the broom closet the last time you used it?
Husband: I am positive. I always put it away properly.
Wife: Then what is this behind the kitchen door?
Husband: It's the broom. I stand corrected. Sorry about that.
Standing corrected, I admitted my error.
1) So you're right. I stand corrected.
2) If you produce any anywhere, I'll stand corrected. So far, you haven't.
3) If this is true, then I stand corrected.
4) A truly wise person would have the strength to stand corrected on that point.
5) I'll be happy to stand corrected if you can show my how/why I'm wrong.
6) Now and then I run into something I didn't know, and I stand corrected (and embarrassed) and have learned something new.
7) ... is wrong, we will take full responsibility for it and be willing to stand corrected.
8) Sorry, I stand corrected. It's not "equal to," it's "greater than".
9) You know, I stand corrected and you are right on the money.
10) I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong on this, but I believe I am indeed right.
11) I stand corrected and thank you for pointing out my error.
12) I stand corrected. Apparently, my memory transposed the numbers.
13) I stand corrected, I thought it was the normal English bulldog, not the apparent mixed breed ...
14) ... and you're right that this wasn't actually said. I stand corrected; thanks for pointing that out.
15) ... far as I know, the above is a pretty accurate account but I stand corrected in case I've omitted anything relevant to the issue.
16) You are correct about the volt. I stand corrected on that one.
17) ... the issues that I have pointed out are valid. If not I will stand corrected when my logic is proven as flawed.
18) I stand corrected on the COTS commend. Sorry, I meant the crew transportation services.
19) I stand corrected. I should have been clearer.
20) And guess what? 2006 is right: I stand corrected.