"step on it"
to tell someone to hurry up
Related words and phrases:
A man has just entered a taxi ...
Driver: Where to, sir?
Man: To the airport, please, and step on it. I think I'm going to be late for my flight.
Driver: Yes sir. I'll drive as quickly as I can.
A mother and son are talking ...
Mother: Let's go. Hurry up. The school bus will be here any minute.
Son: Just let me finish this video game.
Mother: No. You need to get ready now. Come here right now, young man, and step on it.
There is no gerund form for step on it.
1) All right. But only to the village. And back. And step on it.
2) I started to photograph them as much as I could. Step on it: Goossens has to work quickly because wind blows the dew from the damselflies.
3) Step on it you guys. Every second counts.
4) And when you do call, step on it, don't spend all day crying.
5) It's just a one-second thing. Step on it -- touch and go. Do not allow your mind to think about the position ...
6) And try to step on it, hear? Let's beat the rain if we can.
7) Our security detail/help was told to go in there and step on it so they bounced into the restaurant still wearing pistols on their waists and a ...
8) But step on it: Applications will only be accepted until Saturday, and 10 finalists will be chosen the first week of April.
9) Tour guides should cut to the chase and step on it. I never get bored when travelling, but boy, tour guides have taken me perilously close.
10) I want my dinner, and step on it!
11) Brown warned Knight to step on it, saying the accused deserve a right to a speedy trial — not one in 2017.
12) Gimme the money, and step on it.
13) We want to step on it. Make it quick. Convenient.
14) I apply the same step-on-it criteria to other art-forms too. I point-blank refuse to watch movies that last longer than two hours.
15) If two unnamed UK Premiership soccer players are really about to come out, as the Daily Mirror has reported, they better step on it.
16) Two more coffees, if you would, and step on it.
17) So the company is free to reorganize, but step on it. The cases speak to the debate underway about proposed changes to bankruptcy ...
18) Come on Paul Ryan..we need those 300,000 Muslim visas and step on it.
19) They'll need to find the cure, and step on it.
20) Move it, move it, step on it.