"to storm off"
to abruptly and angrily leave a place
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you had a chance to talk over your divorce with your husband?
Friend 2: I keep trying but every time my husband and I are talking about divorcing, he, all of a sudden, gets angry and leaves the room.
Friend 1: He just storms off?
Friend 2: Yes, and that makes it difficult to have a reasoned discussion.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How did the negotiation with the trade union go?
Colleague 2: Not well. When the union's demands were not being met, the representative got angry and stormed off from the meeting.
Colleague 1: Getting angry and abruptly leaving is no way to negotiate.
Storming off from the boss's office is not a good idea.
1) He stated that he hated the class, didn't see the point, and stormed off.
2) With that, the place exploded, and 500 students stormed off.
3) Alan was so annoyed at me he stormed off.
4) Last night, I stormed off from a dinner party in a rage with tears streaming down my face.
5) If he stormed off in a rage of protest, Wigand would be left unprotected.
6) If the adult becomes angry he will then have an excuse to jump up and storm off.
7) ... uncommon for a student to come to my office seeking transportation assistance, only to storm off angrily when I offer them phone numbers and websites instead of a gas card ...
8) ... stations deep in the night to catch officers sleeping, bawl them out and then storm off.
9) ... he accused me of spending all my time on the computer, he'd maybe storm off from the house in a huff or strategically "go for a walk".
10) The USSR learned their lesson and do not storm off from the meetings anymore.
11) He swears at her and storms off through the back door.
12) One day Davy has had enough! He storms off from the burrow and runs to his special hideout to sulk.
13) Trevelyan angrily denies this, and storms off in a temper.
14) She slaps him and storms off, to the horror of everyone present and particularly her family.
15) of discussion on home soil, one or other of the partners gets angry and storms off, or suddenly finds something 'vital' that has to be done.
16) ... before storming off from the room in tears.
17) ... Houssine Kharja is reported to have smashed a door before storming off from the stadium upon learning that he had not been selected.
18) ... the boss snaps, storming off to call security.
19) ... and then when pressed, shouting "NO!" much louder and storming off in a huff.
20) Steinem wrote of storming off from that particular movie in protest.