"straight and narrow"
the path of correct social or ethical behavior that society approves of
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How is your project to break into that new foreign market going?
Colleague 2: Not very well. Obtaining all the correct permits from the government is proving to be almost impossible.
Colleague 1: Well, it is one of those countries where bribery is an accepted part of doing business. Have you thought about bribing the appropriate officials?
Colleague 2: Oh, I've thought of it. It would make my life a whole lot easier but the company has instructed me to stay on the straight and narrow with this project. So, that means no bribery or any other behavior that may be viewed as less than ethical or moral.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How has your son been doing after his run-in with the law and then going through drug rehabilitation?
Friend 2: He has been doing really well, thank you. He has been on the straight and narrow ever since. He does his homework, cleans his room and does all his chores around the house. He stopped associating with the bad elements that tempted him into his previous bad behavior. He has even started going to church.
Friend 1: Glad to hear it. It must be a relief for you as a parent to have your son back on a righteous path.
Being on the straight and narrow, he turned in the wallet that he found to the local police.
1) They must be instructed regarding the straight and narrow path that leads to heaven.
2) Keep to the straight and narrow and the people will be thankful.
3) ... extends well beyond my feeble concentration span. To keep me on the straight and narrow I will be setting some interim goals.
4) It hurts Dog to see people who after years of walking the straight and narrow, suddenly lose their way.
5) ... sense of my responsibility to my family, kept me on the "straight and narrow" besides the fact that I had an image to portray.
6) ... young singer, a girl named Annette, who has taken to the straight and narrow and abandoned the seedy world of Rock and Roll.
7) Will he be able to stay on the straight and narrow path while in St. Thomas or will he succumb to his old wild ways?
8) ... in college, it's more important than ever to stick to the straight and narrow because a drug offense can screw up your financial aid.
9) ... it was hell on Mom. I really tried to stay on the straight and narrow, not wanting to cause her anymore heartache through the teen years.
10) So how do you make sure your teens are on the straight and narrow? You can't. And don't think you can forbid them to experiment ...
11) ... been in the penal system and are now trying to be on the straight and narrow like that particular character.
12) ... thinking that once there was solid evidence that things weren't on the straight and narrow, he'd report it appropriately.
13) ... for nonviolent offenders where they genuinely try to get you back on the straight and narrow with life skills, employment training, drug rehab.
14) There's good money to be made from keeping ex-prisoners on the straight and narrow.
15) ... plan is a budget. It will help you stay on the straight and narrow with your current debt payments, or your new accelerated payments. A spending plan ...
16) ... they all steered me away from bad influences and kept me on the straight and narrow.
17) Don't misuse it to get people to stray from the straight and narrow, or bend the rules, or set the quotas dangerously high, or cut ...
18) Just be aware that there is a very thin line between walking the straight and narrow path and going astray.
19) ... and guide clients through the complex tax legislation to keep them on the straight and narrow.
20) Slackers need the discipline of work to stay on the straight and narrow.