"to strike it rich"
to suddenly become rich or successful
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Friend 1: Have a look at this study guide I found.
Friend 2: Amazing! It makes the subject so easy to understand.
Friend 1: We have struck it rich with this book.
Friend 2: Passing the exam will be easy now.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Why do you keep wasting money on buying lottery tickets?
Friend 2: Because one day I am going to strike it rich.
Friend 1: Do you really think there is a chance of winning millions?
Friend 2: People win the lottery every week and then retire in luxury.
Striking it rich is an exhilarating experience.
1) ... to find other sources of revenue. But educators hoping to strike it rich abroad would do well to heed the lesson of ...
2) ... plan without hesitation for how you'll support yourself if you don't strike it rich in Powerball!
3) If you think you will strike it rich at the on-board casino -- guess again.
4) ... with the NRL about to strike it rich through the sale of television rights, ...
5) ... no one would ever strike it rich and live their dreams without huge expectations.
6) Everyday people are opening up new technology businesses and trying to strike it rich as a technology entrepreneur.
7) This means that statistically you are very unlikely to "strike it rich" from digital, particularly if all you do is the same thing as most.
8) Some businesses wrongly assumed they would automatically strike it rich by getting in early.
9) Not all miners at Mererani strike it rich. Most miners end up in greater poverty.
10) ... people fall for get-rick-quick scams or play the lottery every week hoping to strike it rich.
11) ... while preying upon poor citizens' hopes of striking it rich in a lottery jackpot.
12) The lure of striking it rich and a culture steeped in superstitions surrounding luck captivate many in a nation where ...
13) ... booming real estate market was giving hope to many who dreamed of striking it rich.
14) ... and the idea that striking it rich as an artist has anything to do with talent.
15) His dreams of striking it rich have crumbled as the realty bubble has burst.
16) He says the terrible conditions will not dash his dreams of striking it rich.
17) ... he dreamed of striking it rich someday.
18) But before anyone rushes out to sea in hopes of striking it rich like the Schmitts, remember that many treasure hunters go a lifetime without ever making ...
19) Young people barely out of university were striking it rich in California's Silicon Valley. Money flowed freely and parties were lavish.
20) But there has never been word of prospectors or others actually striking it rich with bounty from the fabled mine.