"such as it is"
in the imperfect state that you see it;
of less-than-perfect condition;
of poor quality
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't count the number of hours I have spent working on this report. Given the impending deadline, it is the best I could do, such as it is.
Colleague 2: It is not bad. It is not the greatest either but we still have until the end of the day to improve it as much as we can.
Colleague 1: Let's hope we can at least make it good enough not to embarrass ourselves when we submit it.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Marsha just asked me out to play tennis and I haven't got a tennis racket.
Friend 2: You're welcome to borrow my tennis racket, such as it is.
Friend 1: Thanks. Was this your grandfather's racket? It looks as though it has seen better days.
Friend 2: It may be a little old and beat up but it is still serviceable.
There is no gerund form for such as it is.
1) The entire case, such as it is, rests on a confused and error-ridden recitation of ...
2) Your language and vocabulary, such as it is, all speak to mere reiteration of right wing terms without actually knowing ...
3) But the plot, such as it is, has little narrative drive.
4) But there is no market conversation here, because the relationship -- such as it is -- is restricted to terms set by what the supply side requires.
5) The prose is a bit rough and sometimes the physics of BookWorld, such as it is, makes very little sense, but this is still an entertaining.
6) There are some recipes that should come with a warning. This recipe, such as it is, for Nutella Mousse is one of them.
7) In the face of these realities, what is the Palestinian leadership, such as it is, to do?
8) Everyone I know voted, but I mostly hang with a middle class (such as it is) crowd of urban professionals.
9) The community theater-level performances don't help the muddled, time-shifting story, such as it is, though it's hard to hold much against the actors who ...
10) The forgettable spin-offs will fail to capture the original chemistry (such as it is) -- what was the name of the show where whats-his-name from ...
11) ... a platform at the side of the tracks. The "train station" -- such as it is -- would have been closed at 3am.
12) Let them consider, that my situation, such as it is, is neither an object of my shame or my regret, ...
13) I have not sensed emotional depth or sensitivity. The message, such as it is, is transmitted in a heavy hand. ...
14) Sand Mountain region of Alabama, a plateau where most people earn their living -- such as it is -- by farming.
15) Low-wage retail jobs have been the source of the labor "recovery," such as it is.
16) She slowly realized Mayor Ford's transit plan, such as it was, was unworkable.
17) Their pitching, such as it was, repeated the previous year's performance and they lost a little ...
18) Her own explanation, such as it was, is glib at best.
19) In the distant past, 'communications skills training', such as it was, consisted of how not to tell your patient they were dying.
20) She opened a drawer and found her makeup kit - such as it was. The only item of real makeup she had was a stub of lipstick.