"to suck it up (and tough it out)"
to accept whatever calamity, pain, suffering, anguish or whatever unpleasantness is occurring (and stoically endure it)
Related words and phrases:
Two coworkers are talking about their boss ...
Coworker 1: I just can't seem to get anything right!
Coworker 2: What do you mean?
Coworker 1: No matter how many hours I spend or how careful I am writing reports, the boss is never satisfied. I am so frustrated, I could scream!
Coworker 2: Do you like your job in general? Is your pay OK?
Coworker 1: Yes.
Coworker 2: Then suck it up and tough it out and things will get better.
Two football players are talking during the half-time break of the championship game ...
Running back: Wow! What a game! I think we're going to win the championship.
Quarterback: If I can keep throwing the ball.
Running back: What do you mean?
Quarterback: My arm is killing me. I think I may have pulled a muscle.
Running back: Can you still throw the ball?
Quarterback: Yes, with considerable pain.
Running back: Do you want to win the championship?
Quarterback: Of course!
Running back: Then just suck it up and tough it out.
Sucking up trouble from the boss seems to be inevitable.
1) I suck it up (and tough it out) when I am in pain.
2) You suck it up (and tough it out) when you don't want to appear weak.
3) He sucks it up (and toughs it out) when his wife complains too much.
4) She sucks up her disappointment when she misses a big shoe sale.
5) The big corporation sucks up its losses and continues to do business.
6) We suck it up (and tough it out) when we have been tackled so many times we are sore all over.
7) You (all) suck it up (and tough it out) every time you (all) are frustrated at work.
8) They suck up the punishment (and tough it out).
9) Has she sucked up the pain a few times?
10) Have you been sucking up the boss's reprimands all morning?
11) Had we sucked up the screaming from the boss by the time the day ended?
12) Had I been sucking up the boss's reprimands for a half an hour by the time he finished?
13) The union had been sucking up the company's outrageous demands for more than a day by the time negotiations concluded.
14) I will suck it up and tough it out when old Auntie Gerty comes to visit tomorrow.
15) Is he going to be sucking it up and toughing it out during the whole visit?
16) The school board will be sucking it up and toughing it out for quite some time after the results of binding arbitration are announced.
17) I had dragged journalism to a new low. I guess I better suck it up and do what she says.
18) I think Patricio's reply that photographers should just suck it up and accept being treated like dirt is a big part of our problem.
19) This comment was directed at those who think I need to just suck it up -- you know, the be a "real man" schtick.
20) Eventually, I decided to just suck it up and try my best.