"to swing into action"
to quickly and energetically start doing something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The boss just put this "call for proposals" in my inbasket. The submission deadline is the day after tomorrow.
Colleague 2: I suppose that you had better swing into action, then.
Colleague 1: I am getting to work on it right now.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I see your favorite sports team has been on a one-week break.
Friend 2: But they are ready to swing back into action tomorrow.
Friend 1: Should be exciting. The team will be rested and eager to play.
Swinging into action when your wife goes into labor is a good idea.
1) I for one would love to see the US Justice system swing into action and sue the makers and their backers for consequential damages ...
2) Greetings from sunny London as we swing into action on Day 5 of the London Olympics.
3) Now I hope they will swing into action and get resources into the hands of these families.
4) Social services appear to only swing into action on the most extreme cases.
5) However, onwards and upwards. Wednesday night sees the mighty Bellevue team swing into action for the first time this summer.
6) ... of course the contingency plans that we had put in place for their potential arrival swung into action.
7) Bartleman was not surprised. He swung into action raising money and donations to establish a network of libraries filled with nearly ...
8) So the executives swung into action and reminded Motorola of various contractual obligations that went with the Android licence ...
9) During the snowy period, Coastline Services swung into action to help ferry Coastline Care workers around in 4-wheel drives so that crucial ...
10) As soon as the paper appeared, the GM lobby swung into action.
11) If there is ever a risk of any delay, the whole company swings into action to avoid problems for the customer at any cost.
12) As soon as the girls have gone, Chris swings into action. The back of the truck has to be cleaned out, empty ...
13) Pal swings into action. He hops into his car and drives up to the village in ...
14) Once we decide on a route, the production house research team swings into action and researches the eateries with the best food in the area.
15) operate the system to scare birds away. A 10-member team handles the system and swings into action minutes before any flight is to take off or land.
16) Hassett's death in May of 1917 coincided with the spring campaigns that were swinging into action in the area after a harsh European winter.
17) ... with the Israeli military service fleetly swinging into action and destroying one amongst the vehicles once it broken the border.
18) We now know that we have a great system in place for swinging into action the next time we get a downfall of snow in Cornwall!
19) Local authorities are swinging into action with their emergency response plans which are to begin in late spring next ...
20) But we remain more reactive - swinging into action post-attack - than proactive about prevention.