"to take a break"
to stop doing something and rest
Related words and phrases:
Two businessmen have been working very hard on a project for six straight hours ...
Businessman 1: How much of the project have we got finished?
Businessman 2: I'm not sure.
Businessman 1: Are we accomplishing the task we are supposed to be accomplishing?
Businessman 2: Again, I'm not sure.
Businessman 1: Let's take a break.
Businessman 2: Good idea. Then we can have a little rest and assess our progress and see if we are on the right track.
Two friends are hiking up a mountain ...
Friend 1: How long have we been climbing?
Friend 2: About two hours.
Friend 1: I'm getting a little tired and thirsty.
Friend 2: Do you want to take a break?
Friend 1: A little rest and some water would be good, yes.
Taking a break can be a great method for avoiding mistakes.
1) Once you have established a baseline of the subject matter you can take a break and work on other projects.
2) Fun game, will be good to distract me when I take a break from my assignments later!
3) Lie down, stop whatever you are doing that day and take a break and take a nap or just rest.
4) Why is it so hard to just take a break one day a week?
5) And what better time to take a break than when your ISP is having an outage?
6) I didn't run off to college and take a student loan or take a break after graduating high school years ago.
7) They already work long hours, yet they have trouble asking to take a break.
8) Why don't you take a break from us if you detest us to such a high degree?
9) Ever wish you could take a break from the responsibility of being you?
10) After playing for a few hours we were all exhausted and decided to take a break under the tree.
11) Finish the semester and take a break.
12) He's got to take a break for a smoke.
13) Prince said that he was going to take a break from facebook but he would be back.
14) When you take a break, close your eyes and do some deep breathing.
15) Europeans have it right, take a break and enjoy life.
16) I have to take a break every now and then to rejuvenate and rest this tired old body.
17) In Germany, the percentage of new fathers who take a break has jumped sevenfold since the country passed its own Swedish-style law in 2007.
18) Most importantly, pull over and take a break if you feel sleepy.
19) When November gets here I will take a break from the birds and go back to deer.
20) What are some signs that you know it's time to take a break from a relationship?