"to take a breather"
to stop doing something and assess the situation and/or rest
Related words and phrases:
Two businessmen have been working very hard on a project for six straight hours ...
Businessman 1: How much of the project have we got finished?
Businessman 2: I'm not sure.
Businessman 1: Are we accomplishing the task we are supposed to be accomplishing?
Businessman 2: Again, I'm not sure.
Businessman 1: Let's take a breather.
Businessman 2: Good idea. Then we can have a little rest and assess our progress and see if we are on the right track.
Two friends are hiking up a mountain ...
Friend 1: How long have we been climbing?
Friend 2: About two hours.
Friend 1: I'm getting a little tired and thirsty.
Friend 2: Do you want to take a breather?
Friend 1: A little rest and some water would be good, yes.
Taking a breather can be a great method for avoiding mistakes.
1) I'm exhausted. A glass of wine sits with me while I take a breather.
2) Stepping back is normal. Take a breather. Slow down.
3) Do what anyone does when they take a breather - relax, regroup, recharge and reconsider your plan of action.
4) I think we need to stop and take a breather.
5) Too stressed out and not motivated at all. What I do is take a breather, something to make me feel better.
6) There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we need to take a breather, step back, and slow down once in a while.
7) That's when I pull back and decide to let my writing take a breather, while I catch up on other things.
8) Take a breather and come back when you've rested, reflected and recharged.
9) I need to walk away from that situation. Just take a breather and realize some of the positive things that I do in my life.
10) It was a nice way to squeeze in some exercise and to take a breather from my computer, too.
11) I had to stop reading, put the book down and take a breather.
12) In fact, the company's share price might take a breather for a while and trade either flat or downwards.
13) Farther down the street was a bus stop bench where he could take a breather.
14) If its a big series I might take a breather with another smaller lighter book or two to keep it fresh.
15) Yes, there will be times you take a breather, and sit out for a few plays.
16) But most importantly, you need to take a breather, decompress and hit your reset button.
17) Glad to know that you force yourself to take a breather, it is important to keep your sanity that way.
18) This coming week might be that perfect time to take a breather as the kids head back to school and routines start to kick in again.
19) Dr. Stephen Covey resists this busy-ness compulsion, and suggests that we take a breather and evaluate every aspect of our day.
20) Your blood pressure is rising. Just stop. Take a breather. Even go for a walk, or grab a drink.