"to take a seat"
to sit down;
to become seated;
Related words and phrases:
Two executives are chatting outside a meeting room ...
Executive 1: Have you seen Susan?
Executive 2: I think she's already gone into the meeting room.
Executive 1: Oh, yes, I see her. She's already taken her seat.
Executive 2: I suppose that we'd better go in and sit down, too.
An person is boarding an airplane ...
Traveller: Is this my seat?
Flight Attendant: Let me check your ticket please.
Traveller: Here you go.
Flight Attendant: Yes, sir, this is yours. Please take a seat.
Taking a seat before a movie begins is customary.
1) He came back holding a sheet of paper and asked me to take a seat to fill out the information.
2) Explore the rest of the old town and take a seat at a cafe or along one of the beaches.
3) Have your child take a seat in his room without any kind of stimulation around like music or a computer.
4) I take a seat near the window. I always liked the window.
5) First we'd look for a train in the distance and take a seat on the trail.
6) I regretted not taking a seat in the stalls, 20 rows from the front.
7) I then walk up the stairs and straight into her bedroom, taking a seat in the corner.
8) Taking a seat in the freezing station coffee shop, two locals have come to meet me.
9) The town reeve entered and crossed over to her, taking a seat across the table.
10) Taking a seat on the stool he, adjusted the strap of the guitar.
11) Rory takes a seat on the couch to prep his camera for an interview.
12) Kepley takes a seat in his living room and uses a remote to turn off his stereo.
13) The attractive barmaid takes a seat and chats to us.
14) She soon takes a seat on the couch and begins flipping through a fashion mag.
15) He takes a seat at the counter and at least twice looks down at Tony.
16) Ernest had scarcely taken a seat when the telephone bell rang.
17) He said all this before he had taken a seat.
18) Our conversation was traded between rows, as I had instinctively taken a seat behind her, rather than next to her.
19) She laughed at him then took a seat on the sofa with the cat.
20) I left Dan on the patio while I took a seat on the bed.