"to take each day as it comes"
to deal with things as they happen, and not to make plans or to worry about the future
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What are we going to do? Are our jobs safe? Should we start looking for new jobs? This corporate takeover is so unnerving.
Colleague 2: We really can not predict the future so I think it is best if we just take each day as it comes.
Colleague 1: I wish I could adopt such a relaxed attitude.
Two siblings are talking ...
Sister: Do you think Dad will survive this heart attack?
Brother: He has the best of care in the hospital. He did survive the last heart attack. We should enjoy whatever time we can with him and just take each day as it comes.
Sister: I suppose there really is no point worrying about the future when we still have today.
Taking each day as it comes is a great way to keep your blood pressure down.
1) We have to take each day as it comes. It's like living in a constant limbo.
2) ... practised in a way that's flexible and forgiving. Take each day as it comes. It's OK to break the rules if you need to.
3) I take each day as it comes, and I'm trying not to overanalyse.
4) ... a whole lot of self-discovery to come so I just take each day as it comes. Its life. Like is evolving. Life is crazy.
5) I will advise that they should be flexible and take each day as it comes. They should not place themselves on unrealistic schedules.
6) ... try to take everything in their stride, take each day as it comes and deal with whatever scenarios are thrown at them.
7) When it comes to work-life balance, I do take each day as it comes and spend quality time with them whenever possible.
8) I don't really think about those things. I take each day as it comes. I'm not doing any preparation to become acting mayor or anything.
9) So take each day as it comes and if you hit a bump, invest your energy into getting over it.
10) ... and yet still they are forced to take each day as it comes, the thought of Christmas a long way from most people's minds.
11) ... it's a mental game too. # Take each day as it comes and then break each day down further into sections providing a collection of mini-challenges.
12) ... advice to any mums of premature babies would be to take each day as it comes.
13) I take each day as it comes, and try not to think about what could happen.
14) And you learn to take each day as it comes and allow yourself lots of slack in case you may not feel up to facing ...
15) ... so I will take each day as it comes and play everything with an open mind and open heart.
16) ... admits he is simply taking each day as it comes and "enjoying" his life more.
17) ... not allow them to plan ahead as they believe in taking each day as it comes.
18) I'm just taking each day as it comes at the moment because I'm so busy that if I started thinking ahead ...
19) He lives with a feeling of hopelessness, taking each day as it comes and letting fate decide his destiny.
20) ... many of the older people who often said they were taking each day as it comes and not worrying too much about tomorrow.