"to take it easy"
to not have a specific purpose or deadline to finish or do something
Related words and phrases:
Bruce and Victor have had a very busy day. They awoke early so that they could work on their race car before school. Then they spent the day in school. They both have after school jobs for four hours each day. The teens are talking about their evening ...
Bruce: What are you up to tonight?
Victor: I'm not sure. It was a very busy day.
Bruce: Do you want to take the car out for a drive?
Victor: I don't know. I'm pretty tired.
Bruce: Ya, let's just take it easy tonight.
Victor: Okay. We'll just watch TV or whatever.
Sam is relaxing in his favorite chair Sunday evening. Sam had been out for a run that morning and played soccer in the afternoon. He is reading a book and thinking about what he might make for supper when the telephone rings ...
Sandra: Hey Sam. Do you feel like going out for supper tonight? I know of a great new Chinese restaurant that just opened.
Sam: Sounds great, Sandra, but I have had a busy day. I think I am just going to heat up some leftovers and take it easy on the couch.
Sandra: OK, Sam. Perhaps another time. Take it easy.
Sam: Thanks, I will.
Taking is easy can be very relaxing and rejuvenating.
1) I take it easy when I just want to relax.
2) You take it easy when you feel lazy.
3) He takes it easy when there is nothing that must be done.
4) She takes it easy after a long day at work.
5) We take it easy when we are tired.
6) You (all) take it easy every Sunday afternoon.
7) They take it easy when their doctors order them to.
8) Is he taking it easy relaxing on the couch right now?
9) Have they been taking it easy every Sunday for the last month?
10) She was taking it easy when the boss telephoned.
11) Hey take it easy when to talk to me, okay?
12) Take time to rest and please take it easy!
13) You're still healing, so take it easy!
14) Just take it easy and you'll be fine. And be careful in the future.
15) I'm going to take it easy over the weekend and ease back into my work.
16) I always walk very fast. My doctor said,'Take it easy.' He used to say,'Don't walk so fast'.
17) My original intention was just to take it easy and see the sights.
18) I'd also be riding on my own so I could take it easy and avoid the temptation to race.
19) There's some codeine tablets in the pill-case. Take it easy on them, they'll put you to sleep.
20) Listen, take it easy, and, whatever you do, don't panic.