"to take one day at a time"
to deal with things as they happen, and not to make plans or to worry about the future
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What are we going to do? Are our jobs safe? Should we start looking for new jobs? This corporate takeover is so unnerving.
Colleague 2: We really can not predict the future so I think it is best if we just take one day at a time.
Colleague 1: I wish I could adopt such a relaxed attitude.
Two siblings are talking ...
Sister: Do you think Dad will survive this heart attack?
Brother: He has the best of care in the hospital. He did survive the last heart attack. We should enjoy whatever time we can with him and just take one day at a time.
Sister: I suppose there really is no point worrying about the future when we still have today.
Taking one day at a time is a great way to keep your blood pressure down.
1) We have to take one day at a time. It's like living in a constant limbo.
2) ... practised in a way that's flexible and forgiving. Take one day at a time. It's OK to break the rules if you need to.
3) I take one day at a time, and I'm trying not to overanalyse.
4) ... a whole lot of self-discovery to come so I just take one day at a time. Its life. Like is evolving. Life is crazy.
5) I will advise that they should be flexible and take one day at a time. They should not place themselves on unrealistic schedules.
6) ... try to take everything in their stride, take one day at a time and deal with whatever scenarios are thrown at them.
7) When it comes to work-life balance, I do take one day at a time and spend quality time with them whenever possible.
8) I don't really think about those things. I take one day at a time. I'm not doing any preparation to become acting mayor or anything.
9) So take one day at a time and if you hit a bump, invest your energy into getting over it.
10) ... and yet still they are forced to take one day at a time, the thought of Christmas a long way from most people's minds.
11) ... it's a mental game too. Take one day at a time and then break each day down further into sections providing a collection of mini-challenges.
12) ... advice to any mums of premature babies would be to take one day at a time.
13) I take one day at a time, and try not to think about what could happen.
14) And you learn to take one day at a time and allow yourself lots of slack in case you may not feel up to facing ...
15) ... so I will take one day at a time and play everything with an open mind and open heart.
16) ... admits he is simply taking one day at a time and "enjoying" his life more.
17) ... not allow them to plan ahead as they believe in taking one day at a time.
18) I'm just taking one day at a time at the moment because I'm so busy that if I started thinking ahead ...
19) He lives with a feeling of hopelessness, taking one day at a time and letting fate decide his destiny.
20) ... many of the older people who often said they were taking one day at a time and not worrying too much about tomorrow.