"to take your breath away"
to feel surprise and admiration because something is very beautiful, good, or exciting;
to put into a state of awe or shock
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your vacation?
Friend 2: Amazing. We hiked up into the mountains and watched the sunset over the islands and ocean. It was spectacular.
Friend 1: Took your breath away, huh?
Friend 2: We were so awestruck that we just sat without speaking.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you tired that new roller coaster ride at the park yet?
Friend 2: I took the family on Saturday afternoon.
Friend 1: And?
Friend 2: It was so fast and scary and exciting that it took my breath away.
Taking my breath away, the view was spectacular.
1) Trillions of gallons of water are forced into this accelerating trough--the sight will take your breath away!
2) ... world that boast beautiful winding trails that lead right to lakes that will take your breath away.
3) The best place to enjoy sunsets that literally take your breath away is Hawaii.
4) ... glacier at the end of the summer season, the view really does take your breath away.
5) Notre Dame Cathedral. A truly humbling experience, it will take your breath away as you walk through a truly historical landmark.
6) ... his sense of the New York Times' power, took my breath away.
7) ... he is an addict let alone try to become sober, your words took my breath away. I pray he finds your clarity someday.
8) ... following her birth although sadness lingered, it was not the kind that took my breath away and swallowed me up whole.
9) I was scared. It took my breath away for a moment.
10) The danger was beautiful in a way that took my breath away at times.
11) Sometimes you just read something that takes your breath away at so many levels - logically, ethically, practically, and this is ...
12) It ranges from mildly annoying, to painful enough that it takes your breath away.
13) A stunning photograph of an amazing women. The photograph just takes your breath away.
14) ... the new fighter jets is approaching $300 billion. With bureaucratic baffle-gab that takes your breath away.
15) ... he suddenly plays a monstrously electrifying guitar solo that takes your breath away.
16) ... of them for their different qualities, shape and scent. They always take my breath away to admire the beauty in each and every rose.
17) Oh my, how often you take my breath away with the sheer strength of your words.
18) ... younger than I who look to the journal and see articles that certainly take my breath away, they're fantastic, there's some brilliant writing in the journal and ...
19) Her accomplishments and energy take my breath away and I'm ten years younger than her.
20) And I find you incredibly brave and your sheer talent and audacity take my breath away.