"to take your hat off to"
to show your admiration or respect for something impressive that someone has done
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How's your website doing?
Friend 2: You know, I've been working on it for almost five years now. It wasn't until the last couple of months that it has actually become successful.
Friend 1: That's great. Working on something for four years with minimal results and still persevering is impressive. I take my hat off to you.
Friend 2: Thanks.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I heard you got a promotion.
Colleague 2: I did. The competition was very intense but I worked really hard for years.
Colleague 1: It is very impressive that you are the youngest Director of Operations in company history. I take my hat off to you.
Colleague 2: Thank you.
Taking your hat off to your rival is a sign of admiration and respect.
1) World Champion and now a triple World Champion -- you've got to take your hat off to him.
2) Love him or hate him, you have to take your hat off to the guy because he just won't lay down and quit!
3) You've got to take your hat off to the spectators and the support that they showed in absolutely awful conditions.
4) ... and was ruined as a filmmaker forever, you would still have to take your hat off to him for trying to do something different from the original.
5) If you take your hat off to someone, you acknowledge that they have done something exceptional or otherwise deserve ...
6) But the individuals that helped me were great and so I take my hat off to those staff members who helped me get here.
7) I do take my hat off to you, that you have been a victim yet are making a stand ...
8) ... et al managed to put themselves through to climb that mountain. i take my hat off to them all, every one of them, because they pushed the fields ...
9) I am English through and through but take my hat off to the Welsh front row of last week, they were immense.
10) To keep it to himself and soldier on without making excuses... I take my hat off to him.
11) ... they have been a great success. I take my hat off to you all.
12) I take my hat off to you my friend for being there for Dave in his final moments and ...
13) John, I have to take my hat off to you on your persistence with this. It is a throughly disgusting situation ...
14) I take my hat off to him. He's a stronger man than I am.
15) I salute you and take my hat off to all of you for how much joy, laughter, information, and ...
16) Radley sprang an innocent man out of prison. I take my hat off to him for that.
17) To these brave women, I take my hat off to them here in this post! You are my heroes!
18) I take my hat off to them, they did the best they could.
19) I take my hat off to him, he is a true American hero.
20) I take my hat off to him, because he did so much -- he did everything right.