"to take your lumps"
to undergo or accept deserved punishment without complaining
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The boss sure is upset about the shipping date being confused.
Colleague 2: I know. It was my mistake. I was in a hurry and distracted by weekend plans.
Colleague 1: Are you going to take your lumps?
Colleague 2: Yes. I will confess to the boss and accept whatever punishment is given.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Well? Did you have fun partying all semester while ignoring your course work?
Student 2: I sure did but now that I have failed the course, I will have to take my lumps.
Student 1: You are going to take a summer school course to make up for it? Doesn't that upset you?
Student 2: No. I am not upset. I made the error. I will pay the price. The fun was worth it.
Taking his lumps, the politician publicly proclaimed his wrongdoing and resigned his office.
1) ... so many fairway trees is going to cause a lot of players to take their lumps with anything wayward off the tee, ...
2) ... who come up with a goofily believable excuse, take their lumps with as much humility as they can muster, sit out for the assigned period ...
3) I am in favor of transparency. Stand up, take your lumps if you made a mistake.
4) Is he that naive? Take your lumps Paul and be happy you got out this lightly.
5) You cheated, got caught, now take your lumps cry-babies.
6) Sometimes you have to take your lumps and accept it's not going to be your day.
7) ... gotten fined. If you have, stop speeding, if not then take your lumps and live with it. # Obey the laws or live with the consequences, ...
8) Now that you are the minority take your lumps with a little dignity.
9) The much easier path to power would have been to take his lumps, endorse Trump and bide his time.
10) ... a hard statement to apologize for. Pacquiao will have to take his lumps. We live in a free society where no person living a law-abiding life should ...
11) Morrison will never ever take his lumps and concede anything went wrong.
12) ... ridiculously insulting. When somebody makes mad remarks like this he has to take his lumps for what he said and just man up.
13) ... trouble I don't try to hit a spectacular shot, I just take my lumps and try to make par.
14) Sometimes I have to take my lumps whether I like it or not. That means "owning" my words, ...
15) I know what I've done, I'll take my lumps.
16) ... today I'll have to take my lumps and go home with my tail between my legs, ...
17) ... and if it's enough, fantastic. If not, we will take our lumps.
18) Today we were beaten by a better team and we just have to take our lumps and prepare for the next game.
19) ... to the truth, we want to fix it, we want to take our lumps and we want to move forward.
20) We screwed up badly. We'll take our lumps and we'll handle this the right way.