"to talk someone's ear off"
to talk a lot, often with the result of boring the listener
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Here comes Carla. You had better look like you are really busy, maybe even pick up the phone and pretend that you have a call. Otherwise she will come and talk your ear off for half an hour.
Colleague 2: Carla does like to talk, especially about whatever project she is currently working on.
Colleague 1: Right. So if you don't want to bored to death by a thirty-minute lecture on the benefits of one data analysis system over another, pretend to be busy.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How's your little daughter doing? I know you told me the last time we spoke that she was quite a bit past the age where most kids start speaking.
Friend 2: I guess she was just developing in her own time because now she will talk your ear off. She starts as soon as she wakes up and even when no one is around, she keeps on talking. She has conversations with her stuffed animals. It is quite cute really the way she goes on and on.
Friend 1: A real little motor-mouth, huh?
Talking my ear off, my colleague bored and irritated me with his endless blathering about nothing of consequence.
1) Be brief. Don't talk their ear off. Allow for questions.
2) That boy can talk your ear off and loves talking about who he played with and what happened at sport school ...
3) It was good just to have someone there you know you can just talk their ear off, that's an amazing thing to have.
4) He doesn't talk your ear off normally, but is content to give three word (or less) answers.
5) Staff were friendly to chat with you but not talk your ear off.
6) I could talk your ear off about how I think that freedom is the birth right of all humanity, ...
7) I know those guys. They'll talk your ear off and make up half of what they tell you.
8) ... and the guides at Animal Kingdom can talk your ear off about biology.
9) If it were up to me alone, I would talk your ear off about polo all day.
10) They will talk about anything, and sometimes will talk your ear off about just any topic they know a lot about!
11) ... will grab you with a haunted, desperate look and talk your ear off. Some can't stand the quiet, the reclusivity, ...
12) Would you want her to make another appearance or did she talk your ear off?
13) Ask them about their baby (their business) and they'll talk you ear off with free advice.
14) Some people like when you talk their ear off, some people want to just be out there and fish quietly.
15) I asked the girl in the queue behind me, who had been talking my ear off for the (nearly) one hour we had spent waiting in the queue ...
16) Only a handful of words two months ago, but today he was talking my ear off.
17) We kept going, me talking her ear off, she chiming in with the occasional nod or grunt.
18) ... have to make sure that you don't wear out your welcome by talking his ear off every chance you get.
19) ... may not be the advice you want to hear when someone's been talking your ear off for twenty minutes about his cat's dental problems.
20) ... drive to Mark's place, but I'm pretty sure I talked his ear off. He didn't seem to mind though. He just smiled and answered ...