"to talk turkey"
to discuss something honestly and directly
Related words and phrases:
Two roommates are talking ...
Roommate 1: I think we need to have a chat about our living situation.
Roommate 2: OK. What's on your mind?
Roommate 1: Can we talk turkey?
Roommate 2: Sure. Give it to me straight.
Roommate 1: To be perfectly honest and direct, I simply cannot live with you anymore. You are far too noisy and messy. Please leave by the end of the month.
Two businesswomen are talking ...
Businesswoman 1: We've been negotiating this deal for weeks now. I wonder if we could, in the interests of moving forward, speak directly to the main issue.
Businesswoman 2: Let's talk turkey. The price per thousand you are suggesting is just too much for us. We need a ten percent reduction.
Businesswoman 1: That is very direct. OK. We can go five percent, final offer.
Talking turkey is often the way to resolve a situation quickly.
1) ... so now that we've put our medals on the table, let's talk turkey.
2) Which is to say it's time to talk turkey: to grab the most media attention, it's time to address consumer and ...
3) Not surprisingly the companies are very reluctant to talk turkey while the threat of a punitive windfall tax is being held over them.
4) Alex wanted to talk turkey, and asked Emily to ring. She did. He made her an offer ...
5) Most politicians do not really want to talk turkey.
6) ... prove the product first, then talk turkey.
7) That disconnect comes because families are reluctant to (ahem) talk turkey about their finances.
8) Email me any time, pet, and we can talk turkey.
9) ... life when even he has to sit down with these lowly union representatives and talk turkey, you're not going to get there from here.
10) ... upwardly mobile Gen Xs and other serious minded folk who wanted to talk turkey, not look at the ski photos of one of their ...
11) That's my final offer. He suddenly talks English. Let's talk Turkey here. Twenty-five thousand.
12) It's time to talk turkey. What will it be on your holiday table this year ...
13) Wait till this year's UCI figures comes out, then we can talk turkey.
14) Apathy towards the other's feelings is great when you want to talk turkey but these comics sites want to make friends.
15) Now they say that they are willing to "talk turkey" but I will believe it when I see it!
16) ... local pub, so Simon was out of spinning gear and ready to talk turkey. I had an idea for a script, he had an interest in creating ...
17) ... invading culture regardless of political and economic implications. "No one is talking turkey".
18) ... but I was in the Spike TV corporate offices not too long ago talking turkey. Yes, I realize they aren't going to tell me business is in ...
19) ... he and his client would sit down with the company in the hopes of talking turkey depending on the outcome of tonight's showdown up north.
20) ... prior to the sale, only qualifying the candidate until the franchise salesperson actually talks turkey with the candidate, and just recently, I was told, about presenting the ...