difficulties or problems that arise during the initial stages of a project, enterprise or activity;
difficulties or problems that arise when a new product is launched or first becomes available
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How is the new production line doing?
Colleague 2: They are a couple of issues. The shear is off a little and the packaging process is skipping once in a while.
Colleague 1: A few teething troubles are to be expected with a complex new system. I am sure the line will be running smoothly in no time.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How do you like your new computer?
Friend 2: It is so much faster than my old one but there are a few teething troubles.
Friend 1: Why is that?
Friend 2: Well. A brand new operating system means that some of my old software is not running as it should. I also had a very difficult time getting the Wi-Fi working.
Friend 1: I suppose you will have to think about updating your old software. Are you connected to the internet now?
Friend 2: I am connected, thank you and have started the software update process.
There is no gerund form for teething troubles.
1) Regularly reviewing how the new plan is working and allowing for any teething troubles or necessary adjustments is important too.
2) I must say it was an improvement on our first when they were still having teething troubles.
3) ... to have a shiny new PC, isn't it? (except for the teething troubles of course)
4) Given the change in scale, there were, naturally, a few teething troubles back in April.
5) ... can't unlock the back door, but we'll put these down to first-week teething troubles. Everything else goes smoothly.
6) It's an impressive start for the iPhone 5, despite the software's teething troubles. But it still faces stiff competition: ...
7) ... set up and approve what studies are done in the NHS) did have technical teething troubles when it was first introduced, and I absolutely understand how frustrating it can ...
8) ... the "heating system failing". Every new building this size will have teething troubles.
9) Even the most expensive buildings, built be the best workers have teething troubles, thats why every new house has a 10 year guarantee.
10) The venue was still work in progress so I'm sure there were teething troubles.
11) The Apple iPad also faced some teething troubles when it was launched with users reporting problems when they tried to connect to ...
12) ... be that this new facility is a victim of its own success; some "teething troubles" are inevitable but remedial measures have now been taken.
13) What it shows is we had teething troubles in the first three months and, since then, we've taken a ...
14) We are a new team so it is natural for teething troubles to occur at this stage of the season.
15) There have been some teething troubles with the new algorithm after some legitimate sites dropped off the rankings due to ...
16) ... and I have been together six years and I can't write off these difficulties as teething troubles any longer.
17) Of course there were teething troubles - that was the whole idea of the dress rehearsal.
18) ... has grown her business across two sites, and is experiencing a few teething troubles.
19) Ten months on, a progress report shows that, despite some teething troubles, work is well underway.
20) Good ride, spacious, huge boot, very good value but..... Minor teething troubles (Ignition failure three times) and the car battery went dead last week.