"ten a penny"
so plentiful as to be valueless
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Jessica, the intern, got fired.
Colleague 2: Oh, that's too bad. I really liked her. What are we going to do for an assistant now?
Colleague 1: Interns are ten a penny. We will just hire another one.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: If we are serving Chinese food for our dinner party, I suppose we had better get more chopsticks.
Friend 2: No problem. I'll stop at the bargain store and buy a hundred pairs.
Friend 1: Won't that be expensive?
Friend 2: Chopsticks are so plentiful and inexpensive that they are, basically, disposable. It'll only be around ten dollars for a hundred pairs.
Friend 1: Oh, they're ten a penny.
There is no gerund form for ten a penny.
1) While bloody and gory scenes are ten a penny in horror films, one still registers that it is not real, ...
2) But guys who are ripped and look like leading men are ten a penny in Hollywood.
3) Weather apps are ten a penny on Windows 10, but Strawberry Weather has carved out a sweet little ...
4) If not, don't worry about it; lawyers are ten a penny and you can always hire one of us when necessary.
5) You may have noticed that electrically assisted bicycles are now ten a penny in cycle shops across the country.
6) You know, they're ten a penny, this happens all the time.
7) It's like a podcast but with video! -- which makes them ten a penny, which makes it that much harder to do them well and break ...
8) Today, terrorists seem to be ten a penny. Readily available either in real or imaginary forms for governments to use ...
9) ... because the number of chicken-themed restaurants around the country are also ten a penny.
10) Romantic restaurants are ten a penny, but none can match this 18th-century spot for elegance.
11) Wildfires were ten a penny in the B.C. Interior this past summer.
12) Political sex scandals are ten a penny.
13) That's especially true in a progressively saturated market where streaming services are ten a penny.
14) New research on diamond formation suggests the valuable stones might actually be ten a penny - but good luck getting to these theoretical stones.
15) Remasters and remakes of old games are ten a penny.
16) Zombie-themed first person shooters are ten a penny nowadays so it is refreshing to see something different.
17) You feel like you're ten a penny. Easily replaced.
18) Cloud storage services are ten a penny these days.
19) Since casinos are now ten a penny back home and gambling is no longer considered an altogether wicked pursuit, ...
20) Billion-dollar startups aren't rare. They're practically ten a penny these days.