"to thank your lucky stars"
to be grateful for good luck (usually while avoiding a bad situation)
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking...
Friend 1: Why are you so late?
Friend 2: Well, I was driving down the freeway on my way over here when a big truck crossed the divider and was coming straight at my car.
Friend 1: What happened?
Friend 2: I managed to swerve out of the way but I bumped into another car in the next lane and there was a minor accident.
Friend 1: You could easily have been in a very bad accident. You should thank your lucky stars.
Two coworkers are talking ...
Coworker 1: Why so sad?
Coworker 2: I almost lost my job.
Coworker 1: What happened?
Coworker 2: I forgot to do some regular maintenance on one of the machines in the factory. The machine I forgot to maintain broke and we lost one day's production.
Coworker 1: Did anyone get hurt?
Coworker 2: No! I thank my lucky stars that no one was hurt.
Thanking your lucky stars reminds you to be grateful for good luck.
1) Next time you get onboard an aircraft or have an operation thank your lucky stars that the pilot and surgeon both have had to excel in their training.
2) Just thank your lucky stars that you don't have a plague of crows during the day as well.
3) Everybody is blaming everybody else, but nobody is accepting responsibility. Thank your lucky stars; you are at a critical juncture of your country's history.
4) Just move on and thank your lucky stars that you have these ungrateful parents out of your life.
5) You don't take these moments for granted. You thank your lucky stars that you're in this position.
6) Nothing to do with willpower! Just thank your lucky stars you are not an addict.
7) One respirator for the four of us. Thank your lucky stars that we can all run fast.
8) You can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!
9) So you've just got to thank your lucky stars that things happened the way they did.
10) Those magical moments that make every moment count, and you thank your lucky stars that you were there to witness it.
11) Thank your lucky stars that your job doesn't require you to set your alarm for 5am.
12) I now have a beautiful daughter and thank my lucky stars.
13) I on the other hand have to thank my lucky stars for not getting sick after all these years.
14) I lived in Toronto for years and thank my lucky stars that I don't anymore.
15) Honestly? I thank my lucky stars to be a woman living in 2012, rather than 1952.
16) Let's play the hand we are dealt and thank our lucky stars it was not an even worse hand.
17) And thank our lucky stars that those nuclear plants were not the 9/11 target.
18) People better thank their lucky stars that they don't live near the proposed pipeline route.
19) They should thank their lucky stars that some of us (not necessarily politicians) are working hard to help.
20) The ultra rich who control the Republican party must thank their lucky stars that people like you are so easily fooled.