"the big picture"
a complete understanding or view of something
Related words and phrases:
Two accountants are talking ...
Accountant 1: What have you been working on lately?
Accountant 2: I'm not really sure. I've only been given a few cost centers to work with.
Accountant 1: And how's that going?
Accountant 2: Not very well. The boss is having me make a lot of corrections. I just don't understand what the requirements are.
Accountant 1: Perhaps if the boss gave you the big picture, you would understand how you could help.
Accountant 2: Absolutely!
Two mothers are talking about their children's progress in school ...
Mother 1: How is Jenny doing with her studies?
Mother 2: She has trouble putting in the effort required to do well.
Mother 1: Why is that?
Mother 2: Jenny is always asking why the details of what she is studying are important. She wants to know when she will ever need algebra in her life.
Mother 1: It's too bad that children don't understand the big picture of life.
Mother 2: Yes, too true. It might be easier for them to understand why they need to study.
Understanding the big picture is a helpful experience.
1) Zoom Out to the Next Largest Context # Looking at the big picture can also lead to a new way of seeing the problem.
2) Understanding design in the context of how the app fits into the big picture of the business can help you refine the strategy and eliminate options.
3) Some of us will make it.... most will not.... that's the big picture.
4) I have seen nothing from our president that shows me he even understands the big picture much less what he will do to fix it.
5) It is time to look at the big picture relative to funding public education and let the money follow the children.
6) It is a hard one to call, but in relation to the big picture, our debt is just going to get higher and higher.
7) Yet if you look at the big picture, it obviously isn't happening enough, if it's happening at all.
8) Just stepping back and looking at the big picture, wouldn't you think he's got that entirely backwards?
9) Looking at the team in the big picture, you had the hot start and now you're in another losing streak.
10) But Grant never loses sight of the big picture and the essential role the railroads played in American life.
11) I am just a vacation traveler. I think everyone is missing the big picture here.
12) I vote to change to the $1 coins if they save money in the big picture of our economy.
13) As such, an optimist always sees the big picture. How else to keep track of all that's out there?
14) The " airplanes " made by the Wright Bros. were pretty useless in the big picture, but people don't teach that in this country.
15) Both sides have their sideshows. Put that aside. Look at the BIG picture. We have got to change the direction of this nation.
16) I am not sure Obama fully understood the big picture when he decided to steal the election.
17) The big picture was even more clear.
18) Focus on the big picture; it's vital to see the forest, as well as the trees.
19) If you get the big picture right, you'll generally be on the right side of the major trends.
20) Not sure what the consequences of that would be in the big picture except to provide yet more evidence of how unworkable software patents are.