"the coast is clear"
there is no visible danger or chance of being caught
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We need to get the decorations up for the boss's surprise birthday party.
Colleague 2: The boss just left for lunch so I think the coast is clear.
Colleague 1: We really don't want the boss to catch us and ruin the surprise.
Colleague 2: We are safe. The boss always takes at least an hour for lunch.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Hah! I caught you cheating on your diet.
Husband: You went to bed an hour ago. I thought the coast was clear.
Wife: I had a suspicion that you might try to steal a piece of cake.
Husband: I guess the coast is never clear with you around.
There is no gerund form for the coast is clear.
1) When the coast was clear we were allowed to venture outside.
2) And for the last forty minutes, after the coast was clear, when all the bullies were finally gone, we cruised along the ...
3) ... wait at red lights, and bicycles are free to proceed as long as the coast is clear.
4) If you want to bring them home, make sure the coast is clear and the scene of the crime is free of traces of another woman.
5) ... have to check the basement like all the stupid people do in movies. The coast was clear, I checked the garage out and everything looked normal.
6) ... closing the closet door, searching the room to make sure the coast is clear, it is more reasonable to reevaluate what a monster is.
7) ... while Dibber hides nearby with a bomb. As soon as the coast is clear, Dibber destroys the black light converter, ...
8) When the coast is clear, move to the NW edge of this platform, where you'll ...
9) Surprisingly, there were none, or so we thought. Presuming the coast was clear we momentarily lowered our guard, stepping out onto the platform.
10) Taking up a position from across the street, he waited to see if the coast was clear before entering Mary's room.
11) Start off in reverse gear, make sure the coast is clear behind you and turn your head so you're looking out of the ...
12) ... which meant I was constantly checking the coast was clear every time I wanted to leave my hotel.
13) ... to bury my head in the sand. I'll come out later- when the coast is clear.
14) When the coast was clear, Mr. Black tiptoed upstairs and snooped around to find the letter that ...
15) Seeing that the ruse worked and the coast was clear, they left the shelter or shanty together and ...
16) ... seems an inevitable conclusion that Earthly life developed very quickly and as soon as the coast was clear long enough to do so.
17) But I got a good idea that the coast was clear And he figured he'd just bust on out.
18) Entrancing as the idea was, that the coast was clear for a run for freedom, that I might liberate my companions, ...
19) ... says she stayed in the closet until she thought the coast was clear.
20) ... you look around in a furtive manner; thinking the coast is clear, you reach into your coat pocket and pull out a salt shaker.