(noun) - permission or signal to proceed
Related words and phrases:
readiness to start bold new ventures;
signalling to proceed
Related words and phrases:
A bank manager and prospective small business owner are meeting ...
Owner: Please tell me. Has my business loan been approved?
Manager: Yes. Congratulations!
Owner: That's just the go-ahead I've been waiting for. Now I can start setting up the store front.
Manager: Yes, you can begin.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: That was a great hockey game last night.
Friend 2: I thought our team was going to lose. They were down two goals in the third period.
Friend 1: It was very exciting when the go-ahead goal was scored with only eight minutes left in the game.
Friend 2: That go-ahead goal was like giving our team permission to really play. They scored three more goals in eight minutes and won the game.
There is no gerund form for go-ahead.
1) Panetta actually gave the go-ahead and they didn't tell POTUS until the team had already crossed into Pakistan.
2) We want to be sure that the go-ahead really is coming from you.
3) After bin Laden was located, why would any President not give the go-ahead to get him?
4) Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation.
5) Now a previously resistant Firth has given the project the go-ahead.
6) The presidents also approved the general framework for revenue distribution and gave conference commissioners the go-ahead to secure a TV rights deal.
7) It is much more practical to generate the military personnel once the go-ahead has been given.
8) If project gets the go-ahead, the team hope to reach the mantle by the early 2020s.
9) Officials gave Baumgartner the go-ahead for the jump.
10) Detroit's Jim Leyland traded the go-ahead run for two outs in the seventh.
11) The Patriots were on their heels as the Bills drove down the field looking for the go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute remaining.
12) Buddy Brooks caught the go-ahead scoring strike late in last week's 27-26 triumph at Abingdon.
13) ODU finally got untracked, driving 81 yards for the go-ahead score.
14) Obama played right into Eastwood's hands with that Tweet, sending the go-ahead signal to his followers to launch a hate rampage against Eastwood.
15) James connected on 3-of-4 free throws before scoring the go-ahead layup with 18 ticks to go.
16) Despite his struggles, he hit clutch game-tying or go-ahead baskets down the stretch in the fourth quarter.
17) The hands of tight end Steve Maneri at the Bucs' 17 prevented a go-ahead opportunity.
18) Jeter's go-ahead double could have been a turning point.
19) Harris said the Long Lake expansion may now face a go-ahead decision next year.
20) Delaurentis set up the go-ahead goal, pushing down the wing of a now flustered Spirit defence corps.