"the real McCoy"
the genuine article, not an imitation or substitute
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you think this deal is the real McCoy?
Colleague 2: It does seem a little too good to be true.
Colleague 1: That is what I was thinking. Perhaps they are offering a super low introductory price and then six months from now, they will raise the prices.
Colleague 2: OK. Then if the introductory deal is a bit of a fake, we need to find out what the real price is going to be down the road.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How are your plans for your trip to Asia going?
Friend 2: Really well, thank you. My wife has been careful to plan to stop in the cities that have the best shopping.
Friend 1: Of course. Just be careful when buying what looks to be genuinely branded stuff. Often those goods are not the real McCoy but very clever imitations. There are a couple of ways to tell if you are being sold a fake. For instance, if the price is significantly lower than the normal market price for the real thing, then you can be pretty sure it is a knock-off.
Friend 2: Thanks for the warning.
There is no gerund form for the real McCoy.
1) He's not cliche... he's the real McCoy!
2) ... matter how you define it, King's Links by the Sea is the real McCoy. # When you take a look at the topography, it's ideal.
3) ... had to reinvent instant film. How do the IP films compare to the real McCoy made be Polaroid just a few years ago?
4) ... did exist and ever decided to return, neither would be accepted as the real McCoy because neither would in any way conform to ...
5) He was wearing a Stetson, leather belt and cowboy boots - the real McCoy.
6) ... are only going to be offered tickets for the dress rehearsals rather than the real McCoy.
7) 'Fake' painting turns out to be the real McCoy. A painting believed by its owner to be a fake has been valued at ...
8) ... when most of them are just plain ignorant and stupid, then the real McCoy comes along, you are unfazed.
9) Mac's phone box was a paper-mache illusion built on the quay. The real McCoy is a few houses away in front of the Pennan Inn.
10) ... were misguided, but this one is correct. In other words, the real McCoy.
11) Did Mr. Goldberg get the real McCoy or did he get a stone from Dan's garden?
12) Well, this recipe is the real McCoy and definitely doesn't use any of those ready-made pasta sauces.
13) ... is served all across the US- and abroad, too; but for the real McCoy, you've got to go to New Orleans.
14) ... to go to the trouble of verifying whether his or her purchase is the real McCoy each time. A Rolex watch will have a mark on it, ...
15) 'the thing in and of itself'... the genuine article... the real McCoy... the person or object with real soul.
16) Now I'm not talking about gimmickry, I'm talking about the real McCoy - authentic guitar sounds, the type of highs that can rip your ears off ...
17) ... the world over have tried to replicate them, true links courses, the real McCoy, only occur where over the centuries, the elements have come together in a ...
18) The file system inside the sandbox looks like the real McCoy, but it's not, and more importantly, ...
19) In these days of celebrating mediocrity, it is hard to distinguish between the real McCoy and the Decoy. At least as far as appearances go.
20) Men like the real deal, the real McCoy and they don't like to be baited into an illusion.