"the weight of the world"
a very heavy burden of worry or responsibility
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You are looking awfully worried.
Colleague 2: I really appreciate the boss allowing me to negotiate with this new client solo but it feels like the weight of the world on my shoulders.
Colleague 1: It is a huge responsibility and the future of the company is in your hands so, yes, it is a huge burden to carry.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: A mortgage, two car loans, credit card payments and all the other bills that I am responsible for sometimes feels like the weight of the world.
Friend 2: Don't let all that get you down. You are strong and capable and have a good job with a bright future. You can handle the responsibilities of your life with no problem.
Carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, he finally had a nervous breakdown.
1) They invest so much into it that it feels like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders when they finally approach her.
2) Jerry looked exhausted and like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
3) ... needs a win badly; he's coming off two horrible fights and has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
4) ... lay in a dark room with sunglasses on like a 15 year old with the weight of the world on his poor teenage shoulders.
5) Often times, life becomes really heavy. The weight of the world can seem too much for us to bear.
6) ... he had the deeply exhausted look of a man bearing the weight of the world on his shoulders.
7) I've felt the weight of the world lately and a ton of doubt and regret about a life I ...
8) I felt like the weight of the world and the weight of the national economy and the well-being of every ...
9) I made their shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.
10) You're here of your own volition. You like to think the weight of the world rests on your shoulders. Like this place would fall apart if ...
11) I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform ...
12) He's staring at his timer with the weight of the world and its worries far from his consciousness.
13) And Zach, when he finally got a bucket, the weight of the world was lifted off, and he started playing a little bit better.
14) A man of sacrifice who always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. Yes, Clay is always to blame.
15) Paradoxically, the only way to make it through the weight of the world is to stay in the world.
16) I felt so.... boxed in, like the weight of the world, the very fate of the universe resting on my every choice ...
17) Talk about a relief! I felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders.
18) ... must be the best worker on the planet, able to take on the weight of the world, be perfect in everything you do and committed to your employer ...
19) He slumped on the bench; feeling like the weight of the world had been dumped on his slim shoulders.
20) I felt like a rotting corpse and as if the weight of the world was on my chest, holding me back.